Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Self employed and gone bust

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • My company has gone bust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sat at home on a company ‘furlough’

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
Isolation ending today back to normal quarantaine. Working from home next week while raising two small boys but it is a godsent gift after last week.

If anyone here has difficulties coping with stress or anxiety please pm me. I had the honour of receiving the same help from @Mitz and it literally helped me through a rough week.

As I am not in the UK rest assured of maximum confidentiality [emoji41]

Isolation ending today back to normal quarantaine. Working from home next week while raising two small boys but it is a godsent gift after last week.

If anyone here has difficulties coping with stress or anxiety please pm me. I had the honour of receiving the same help from @Mitz and it literally helped me through a rough week.

Glad things are improving for you. Thanks for the offer of support.

Hoping to get furloughed this week. Our employers are claiming that we are key workers as we make bearings which are used in everything that turns.

If we were making equipment used directly by any of the emergency or support services, most of us would be happy to go in and do the work unpaid if necessary.
However, the job we are currently on is making bearings for elevators that will be shipped out to Malaysia.

All of our manufacturing facilities in Europe and some dotted elsewhere around the world have been or are closed for periods between 3 and 6 weeks. All UK employees deemed to be high risk have been sent home for a minimum of twelve weeks and we have quite a few more out that are self isolating.

I just wish that they'd shut the place for a couple of weeks now that we are apparently at the time where this virus is considered most contagious.

The wife and kids are at home and doing fine. They go out daily for a walk in the woods with the dog but steer clear of other people. This makes me the only one in the house that goes out regularly and risks becoming infected. Every time I come home, all my clothes are straight in the wash and I'm scrubbing away in the shower before putting on fresh clothes so that I can be in the same room as my family.

I’m a support worker so still going out to work everyday. I’m glad I am really as it’s so much better that staying in the house doing nothing. My other half is off work but In fine health which makes things easier.

Really makes you feel good going out to help vulnerable people during these tough times, even more so than normal. The money’s not great but at the end of each day you really feel you’ve made a little difference to people’s lives.

Pleased to hear you are OK V.
Take care
Jon [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Current status: best night’s sleep in years. Dystopian end of the world scenarios become me.

.......... and the cat rescue I volunteer for is now also closed down as volunteers cannot safely have people coming in to view cats. Which means they can't take more in. :(

.......... and the cat rescue I volunteer for is now also closed down as volunteers cannot safely have people coming in to view cats. Which means they can't take more in. :(
Although all cats should be in Hell - sorry to hear that Crew. :(

Back
Top Bottom