What's new

Where is vaping going.....

garth

Postman
Hi,

I'm sorry if this appears to be a rant but...

I have vaped for , well I don't know, its years now - 5 maybe 6, I started like a lot of people on the cig-a-likes and then moved thru what was then the usual progression of ego's, ego twist, vivi nova, ce5's, iclear 16's and all sorts of other good and bad tanks and mods until I finally found the Kanger Protank, which is where I stayed, Protank 1 and 2 and the Mini Protanks as well.

At the time they were fab and most people loved them, a good mouth to lung vape, cheap tanks, cheap atties and if you had the patience you could make your own atties for pennies so even cheaper, juice wise 3 or 4ml a day was the norm.

Now I'm not here to sing the praises of the Protank, it has its faults, gurgling, lack of air flow to name just two but it worked and works for me - it kept me of the fags until vaping became the norm for me and smoking was never going to be part of my life again.

I have tried other tanks, the Nautilus series springs to mind, a tank a lot of people found to be superior to the Protank at the time but I have also tried sub ohm vaping, DL , Squonking, Dripping, I have owned an e-pipe, I have owned RTA's, RBA's
RDTA's and so on the list is endless. But none of them work for me, for me it is the good old Protank all the way but what I want to know is what are people like me using now?

The reason I ask this is because I can vape in my local and I have vaped in there for years so now people often come to me and they thrust out their hands holding their mods and ask me whats wrong with it? why doesn't it work? why does it taste burnt? So I go thru the routine with them, what power have you got it set at? what coil are you using? what juice are you using? and generally they don't know, because their device has no screen, has no settings you can alter what they have in their hand is basically a battery in a tube set at 50w or something similar - which in my opinion is designed to accomplish one purpose and one purpose only and that is to get thru as much juice and as many coils as possible and I don't see how this is helping anybody get off the fags.

How can the companies and people who sell these things expect the people who are using them to get a satisfying vape if they cant alter even the most basic of settings.

When the ego-twist came out and you could change your volts from, wait for it, 3.3 to 4.4 ( my memory may not be 100% accurate so forgive me ) it was a revolution in popular vaping. I know there have always been and will be, those people above the fold - but in general, for the average vapour this was huge and then do you know what happened variable wattage - one small step for vaping technology a huge leap forward in getting people off fags, my first device went upto 11 watts in increments of .5w - this was fantastic, this allowed me to tune the power to the coil I was using, a new coil, an old coil, a coil that wasn't wicking quite as well as it should, I had the ability to change stuff to suit me, my style, my taste.

So as January 1st approaches and a whole new set of people are about to give up the fags and 'embark on their vaping journey' as I heard it described once, it worries me that there will be an orderly queue forming at a public house near you as people ask me "whats wrong with it ?" I will gladly help them, really I will, but as they look at me with my crappy old Protank, and as I causally change from 6.7 watts to 6.9 watts because my coil is just starting to loose its edge, as I enjoyably blow a small plume of vapour towards the floor what do I tell them when they ask me -

"Where can I get one of those?"

There are many excellent kit's about these days - problem is there are a lot of crappy vendors and clueless people - a combination which leads to poor vaping purchases. If some one with a little experience needs a new kit then the choice is almost endless, TC, Mech, MTL, DTL, RDA etc,etc. For new vapers it's a little less broad but there are a great deal of kits out there ranging from the fixed output pen types that you seem to dislike - but are for those who dont want to be learning all the settings and jargon but just want a fill and go system to Kits Like the Zelos which can accomodate both MTL and DTL and is fully adjustable without being complicated.

If you need to tell them something - tell them to come on here and we'll help them, it's what we're here for after all...:2thumbsup:

I agree with Steve...

I was sold an ego pen type set up as my first a good couple of years ago and I wasn't even told that I needed to change the coil.

I joined here and now I know how to change a coil and a lot more... I'm also a lot lighter in the pocket mind :):):)

cheers

Gaz

Research.research.and more research.
Bang on! Most people nowadays seem to be inherently lazy, and want someone else to sort everything out for them.
There's a ton of information out there for anyone who can be arsed to look.
It's really not that hard to work out what you need, and what to avoid.

Some folk might not be arsed with immersing themselves in vaping though, and maybe just want something simple and effective to keep them away from fags.

I've never used one, but something like the Sourin Air looks like it could be ideal for newbies.

Back
Top Bottom