What's new

Which BB DNA60 Clone?

ZenAnarchi

Achiever
As I can feel the rabbit hole sucking me in, my instinct is to turn to the knowledgeable experts here for advice. I’ve pretty much decided on purchasing a clone dna 60w BB, as I’m already familiar with all the functions, software etc. (and I’ll probably never save up enough for the real thing). Now, which one? As I live in Norway, I’ll almost certainly be ordering from China, simply to avoid the devastating customs duties and VAT. The choice therefore is thus:

SXK BB Style 60W $120
SXK SVA KIMAIO Style 60W $138
SXK PRC ION Box Style 60W $160

I’m leaning towards the regular aluminum BB style, not least because of the price, but also the availability of accessories. However, the other two weigh less (as does the full plastic BB), and are considerably shorter. Does anyone own the other two boxes? Pro’s and con’s? Issues? Justifications for the extra expense?

Just to be thorough, I’m a mtl vaper, and I’ll be purchasing an Evl Alien for my first bridge (thanks @JohnR ). In advance, thank you!

Quite like the look of the KIMAIO but I do wonder about the fire switch and the battery locking mechanism...

PRC ION, most expensive of your choices,

Not personally a fan of the battery mechanism or the buttons on the bottom.

Then we come to the SXK BB style, not much to say, probably the most solid construction and conservative layout, but again, battery is a pita to remove.

Comes down to what compromises you are willing to make.

I'm not a Boro Vaper - but the BB battery contact can be swapped out for a thumb wheel adjustable type which is a cheap fix.

Comes down to what compromises you are willing to make.

Firstly, my Spanish from school is not quite good enough, but I think I got the gist. I agree completely with your comments, love the looks of the Kim, but my worry is primarily the switch, especially as it can be rather cold here, too. The Ion is very petite and is tempting, but I’m not sure it’s worth the price. Can get a BP Insider for the difference…

Watching videos is great and all, but I was hoping to hear how these tolerated daily use. How’s the carbon fiber on the Kim clone? How many battery-wraps have been ruined? Anyway, thanks @John R for the vids, and thanks for letting me know I’m not completely insane regarding the flavor drop off on the Bishop with the bigger tank (another thread). Cheers!

I'd reccomend the sxk bb dna60

Of the 3 choices not only is it the cheapest but also the best imo.
you have a plethora of accessories to choose from including the thumb wheel battery contact suggested by @Crispycritters

They're durable, reliable and having owned both sxk and authentic bb I can tell you that it's probably one of the closest 1:1 recreations I've ever used.

Of the 3 choices not only is it the cheapest but also the best imo.
you have a plethora of accessories to choose from including the thumb wheel battery contact suggested by @Crispycritters

They're durable, reliable and having owned both sxk and authentic bb I can tell you that it's probably one of the closest 1:1 recreations I've ever used.
Also I'm not sure about the other two, isn't the sxk bb the only one here with a dna60?
Edit: scratch that, a quick Google showed i was mistaken :2thumbsup:

Of the 3 choices not only is it the cheapest but also the best.

Yeah, like I said, I’m leaning that way. Actually, it’s taking every ounce of my patience to not buy it this minute. I’ll wait and gather a bit more info here. I’m trying to avoid the mistakes I’ve made in every other phase of my vaping adventure, r.e. wasting a heap of money on halfway decent gear when I should’ve invested and bought the best I could.

All 3 mentioned above do have DNA 60 chips. And all 3 are also available with that terrible 70w chip., but that’s exactly the kind of crap I’m trying to avoid this time.

Yeah, like I said, I’m leaning that way. Actually, it’s taking every ounce of my patience to not buy it this minute. I’ll wait and gather a bit more info here. I’m trying to avoid the mistakes I’ve made in every other phase of my vaping adventure, r.e. wasting a heap of money on halfway decent gear when I should’ve invested and bought the best I could.

All 3 mentioned above do have DNA 60 chips. And all 3 are also available with that terrible 70w chip., but that’s exactly the kind of crap I’m trying to avoid this time.
Unpopular opinion perhaps, I don't mind the sevo 70 chipset. I don't have the bb that has it but the ultroner alieno is one of my favorite single 18650 mods.
20221118_122758.jpg

I fully support waiting to buy until you know you are sure, its a sensible move.

@SkyBlueJ should weigh in on this thread, he has a pretty ridiculous amount of boro devices so his opinion would be valuable I think.

Unpopular opinion perhaps, I don't mind the sevo 70 chipset.

I should probably qualify my statement…don’t mean to offend anyone. I vape almost exclusively with TC. Over the last couple of years, I’ve been surprised to find that there are chips where I enjoy the TC, and others definitely not. The sevo is one of them I really don’t like, though I really have no idea why. Others I dislike are f ex Vandy Vapes’ and Dovpo’s proprietary chips. As @John R said elsewhere, there’s DNA, Yihi, and Dicodes, and then there’s everything else! As I’m not wealthy enough to buy a Dicodes and though Yihis are brilliant, I’ve taken to DNA :14:

If you're really into TC stick to the SXK BB, the authentic is a neutered option with no easy access to escribe imho.

Back
Top Bottom