What's new

Whoa... Put Down The ECigs Before We Turn To Cocaine...

Saw this from Roly Gate on the Vapers Network group on FB (Chris Price, used to head up ECCA). He commented brilliantly on the NHS Choices website which published the article...

"This article is the most blatant propaganda, is linked to the most worthless junk science imaginable, and is also a clear example of pimping for pharma: in the very same article in which you publish the most ridiculous trash about ecigs, you also push a nicotine inhaler (which would have the same 'cocaine addiction' problem anyway, if there were the remotest chance of any of this sewage being true).

http://www.nhs.uk/.../Claims-e-cigarettes-are-a-gateway...

If you want to publish adverts for Pfizer then please do so without trying to dress them up as 'articles'. They should be clearly marked as Advertorials.

In addition, if you are accusing Professors Britton, West, Hajek et al of being liars, then just come out and say so. Explain why you think they are lying when they say (for example, Britton) that, "5 million lives will be saved in the UK just among those alive today if all smokers switched to ecigs". It will be interesting to hear how you contradict the most senior members of tobacco control in the UK.

I suggest you stop publishing this worthless trash or I will need to get my health advice from Viz, it will be far more reliable."

The article is balls but the science may be fine. The way they've reported on it (if you read between all the journalism) seems to say:

There are statistics that show former nicotine users are more likely to use cocaine due to some change wrought on the brain by prolonged use. This seems to particularly affect young people. This means that all sources of nicotine including cigs and ecigs (which they mention in the article) and NRT (which they don't) might be best restricted to older people or on a case-by-case harm reduction basis.

...which seems to be how most people feel around here anyway.

The problem with the article is the stupid headline, the singling out of ecigs and the lack of mention of the positives versus the alternatives.

Please note that the Telegraph article is not open for comments. Not surprising considering the arse raping they took below the lines when they published the last propaganda article.

The science isn't even sound, you cannot compare the behavior of isolated (tortured) mice and humans. Complete and utter bollocks.

(Off to do a couple of lines now)

Please note that the Telegraph article is not open for comments. Not surprising considering the arse raping they took below the lines when they published the last propaganda article.

The science isn't even sound, you cannot compare the behavior of isolated (tortured) mice and humans. Complete and utter bollocks.

(Off to do a couple of lines now)

Don't forget one of those is my mine

Back
Top Bottom