What's new

What else do I need?

sharks35

Postman
So ive been studying (again) and am really looking forward to my step up in vaping. Currently have a vamo v4 with protank 2 and evod. Both microcoiled with cotton wick.

I have on order and hopefully arriving before Christmas a nemesis mod a kayfun clone and an igo-w. Its the igo-w im really looking forward to getting. I want to dual microcoil and cotton wick it (I did see a video of a quad coil igo-w which looked awesome) im quite confident with coiling but im not overly sure on the rest.

I don't want it to arrive, set it up and be a. Blown to pieces or b.left disappointed.

Ive got my cotton and ive got .30 guage kanthal but I only have 2 18650 3.7v 1800mah batteries for the vamo. I believe these arnt the best for anything.

So what I need advice on is:-

Batteries. I want the best for what im going to use them for. Ive read so much and got myself a little confused.

Also an instruction manual lol. Build your coils, set up dripper, put charged batts in, put together, fire up. Etc lol.

Im sure ill have many more questions soon.
Any thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

invest in some decent batteries efest imr/ aw imr or torchy's imr's for a start and good charger if you haven't got one already

if you can already micro coil a protank head the KF and drippers are alot easier less fiddly

Check out the how to section tons of info about

also use a kick or safety fuse if your paranoid about the batteries and shorts but always check the coil on your vamo beforehand :D

What are you after? great clouds of vapour? or a more relaxed taste experience?

invest in some decent batteries efest imr/ aw imr or torchy's imr's for a start and good charger if you haven't got one already

if you can already micro coil a protank head the KF and drippers are alot easier less fiddly

Check out the how to section tons of info about

also use a kick or safety fuse if your paranoid about the batteries and shorts but always check the coil on your vamo beforehand :D
MadTz thanks. I think my main worry when it comes down to it is batteries. Ive read most of the threads on here, wiki and other sites and I think ive got it down.

Im going to get a couple of 18650s 18350s and 18500s either efest imr or aw imr? A multimeter and a decent charger.

When it comes to the batteries is it best to go for flat top?

When it comes to chargers I have a trustfire one. Ive read not to trust anything with fire in it. Whats recommended?

What are you after? great clouds of vapour? or a more relaxed taste experience?
Firadar how bout a compromise of both? I love my clouds but I really want to experience taste that alot of people talk about. You read all the time "wow the taste was amazing" I never really get that ot the moment, maybe I have a muted tongue? Dont get me wrong I get flavour but i want what others have experienced.

I use efest & torchy flat tops personally & a nitecore !2 charger could only afford the 2 bay version tho..

ppl rave on about xtar chargers but never used one also you can get a efest charger to but not used either maybe some other ppl can comment on those

like I said in the last post good batteries and charger should be No 1 on the list :D

Nothing really wrong with the trustfire chargers, i have one, been using it a while and no problems so far, if you have one, then use it, i plug mine into a surgeguard extension, as long as you don't leave charging batteries unattended you will be fine!
In fact the trustfire charger was bought from torchy on ebay, and he doesn't sell crap.

Nothing really wrong with the trustfire chargers, i have one, been using it a while and no problems so far, if you have one, then use it, i plug mine into a surgeguard extension, as long as you don't leave charging batteries unattended you will be fine!
In fact the trustfire charger was bought from torchy on ebay, and he doesn't sell crap.

Just to re-iterate that a genuine Trustfire charger is OK. It's not the greatest charger in the world, it charges pretty slowly BUT it is safe to use provided you are using a proper UK 3A used plug on it.

Don't leave it charging unattended (as with ALL lithium batteries, including the one in your mobile phone) and you'll be fine.

The best batteries you can get atm are probably Panasonic CGR18650CH with AW IMR coming in a close second. Panasonic are the world leaders in Li-Ion batteries and AW batteries are rebranded Panasonic grade A cells (rebranded by someone that knows what the fuck they are doing :) )

The best chargers around are either the XTar or Nitecore chargers. Get one with 4 bays if you get one, you'll be glad you did.

You don't need a multimeter - the Vamo will do a fine job of checking coils that you make and do it easier, if you did want to get a meter a dedicated ohm meter that you screw your atomisers into to check resistances is likely more reliable than using a multimeter.

If you want to be extra safe get a 'hot spring' or a safety fuse to put into the mech as well (the vamo doesn't need one)

Simple instructions.

Charge batteries and put them into mod.

Build coils and test resistance on the Vamo/meter add cotton wick and attach to mod

Add liquid.

Vape.

@Firadar how bout a compromise of both? I love my clouds but I really want to experience taste that alot of people talk about. You read all the time "wow the taste was amazing" I never really get that ot the moment, maybe I have a muted tongue? Dont get me wrong I get flavour but i want what others have experienced.

I've had an IGO-W for a while now (moved on now but was extremely happy with it) best tip I can give you to maximize the vapour whilst keeping a great taste... Drill the air holes out, more air can often mean more vapour. Mine are 2 x 2mm holes atm (I think) but a good compromise could be 2 x 1mm. Of course dont just drill your brand new atomiser as soon as you get it, but its an option to help produce more tasty goodness.

Back
Top Bottom