What's new

Yeah bye then Cotton Bacon.... HELLO Muji!

Also @Zippy0 wheat beer glasses aren’t tall to keep the fizz in. Wheat beer is not particularly effervescent. I alway thought they were shaped like that due to the way you pour it, to keep the yeast in the narrow part at the bottom and to accommodate the large frothy head.

@zouzounaki
With a Hefeweizen you actually want the yeast in your glass. For a perfect pour you pretty much keep the glass nearly horizontal to not make the fizz go. You do that until only a bit of your beer is left in the bottle. At this point you should have pretty much zero head. Then take the tiny bit you have left and swirl it around in the bottle to dissolve the yeast. Then pour that bit in your glass pretty much vertically for a lovely head and to have the yeast evenly distributed in your beer.
For other beers the glass-type is not as important. The different types there mostly just exist because of the different environments/situations you would drink it in. For example a Oktoberfest Märzen or Helles (I won't even bother to translate this tbh :D ) is normally served in a huge 1l jug with thick glass, simply because this is primarily being consumed during festivals and so on, where it would simply suck to fill up every few minutes with a tiny 200ml Kölsch-glass. And the thick glass helps it not to be destroyed by the drunks that easily :D

btw, let's leave it at that. I do not want to hijack this thread :D

Aye I know how to pour wheat beer. The glass has nothing to do with fizziness. And yes, you shoogle the bottle to loosen the yeast before pouring the last bit of it, but that doesn’t mean you want to be drinking solid bits of sediment. The glass has a narrow waist at the bottom to help prevent this.

Ok, we can leave it there... :P

I've turned vegetarian and ditched the Cotton Bacon.

I've been using Cotton Bacon V2 from the start of my self builds and okay with it, but it always annoyed me with the uneven separation and waste, stuck with it until Cotton Bacon Prime which was even worse! it's like wicking with candy floss!

Anyway, I bought a bulk pack of genuine Muji cotton from amazon dirt cheap and have been using that exclusively now and I am proper enjoying wicking now, after a couple of attempts it become instinctive how wide to cut the strips and oddly I enjoy skinning it, now I always get a nice even wick and so much easier to work with, flavour wise, the first few draws aren't the best but after that I can't tell the difference between CB & Muji.

Also my wicks don't burn inside the coil as much as CB (especially CB Prime).

Wicking used to be a chore, now it's a pleasure and with it's ridiculously cheap cost per wick I'm wicking more often istead of being a scrooge :)

I know there are other better premium cottons out there but Muji is suiting me nicely.

it's all I use .. got 3 packs under my desk just incase :P

I guess it depends how you’re using it? CB V2 has a flavour break in period in a dripper no doubt. It’s not long, and it’s not off- rather just muted for a short period of time, but it’s there. CB Prime however I’m finding awesome. Sucks like a thirsty elephant and takes heat from big/hot builds at high power like Gordon Ramsey’s y fronts. I’m also finding the flavour break in has gone.
But for RDTA’s, once you make the wicks trail more, it can suffer if you chain it.

Fuzz is good too. I found Kendo fluid resistant, which wasn’t a great trait for a vaping cotton [emoji2]. Muji is probably great, but I cba with the faff of the sheets and I’m kinda comfortable with where I’m at.

Great that we’ve got so much choice though innit?

I have some now, and while it can keep up with the best for wicking, I don't like the flavour. I won't say it's worse, just different.

My juices taste the same with the half dozen or so cottons I regularly use but taste completely different with CB Prime.

I have some now, and while it can keep up with the best for wicking, I don't like the flavour. I won't say it's worse, just different.

My juices taste the same with the half dozen or so cottons I regularly use but taste completely different with CB Prime.
Just ordered some CB prime too to try guess it's getting given away after reading this [emoji23] I'm enjoying datt white stuff right now have you tried it @Ment?

Really? Honestly I reckon it’s an improvement. It was Kendo that tasted weird for me. Like straw- not the milkshake type either, the horse food variety.
But Prime? Yeah I totally dig it.

Just ordered some CB prime too to try guess it's getting given away after reading this [emoji23] I'm enjoying datt white stuff right now have you tried it @Ment?

That's unbelievable. It was the only thing I bought at VC yesterday and I'm rewicking a ASV2 with it right now.

Back
Top Bottom