What's new

Yeah bye then Cotton Bacon.... HELLO Muji!

Aye, that’s why my own conclusion is that I’m more comfortable using i bleached organic cotton.

Nobody actually knows what might be in the fancy cottons, to be frank. In America what you buy labelled as cotton in a shop often has no actual cotton in it. Then there are the chemicals and processing agents. It’s a bit of a minefield.

I used Muji for the longest time because it is cheap and dead easy to use but no more ... for me, it tastes woolly in comparison to other wicking materials.

How you prepare a wick is going to depend on how you vape. Anyone who vapes MTL will not need the faster juice flow that DTL vapers need. I only use Aromamizers and they need super fast juice flow which means fluffy wicks ... lots of air between the fibres for optimal capillary action. Whatever the cotton brand I will always open out the fibres before rolling a wick, a little more time spent gives a longer lasting wick as well as a better performing wick. Any compressed cotton, like the outer skin of Muji, is fucking rubbish for juice flow ... ok if you MTL I suppose, ok if your taste buds can stand it.

Taste-wise Muji is a complete no-no for me ... it's just funky. Cotton Bacon v2, Fuzion, Native Wicks Platinum Blend all taste far cleaner from the off. I'm sure that other premium vaping cottons do too but I still have enough of those three to last me for years.

Wicking accounts for a tiny, tiny, tiny proportion of my vaping costs. The relative cost of one cotton and another is simply not a factor for me. I don't see the point of spending so much time and money on getting juice flavours right only to vape it off a wick that tastes like a sheep's arse.

If Muji tastes like a sheeps arse, then I will have to admit to liking the taste of baa-baas arse. :D

People should just buy labo puffs and steer clear of muji, they are cheaper anyway.

Another lesson learnt, though to be honest I only paid attention to 'Unbleached' and only switched to Muji as I was fed up with CB style faffing.

First I've heard of Labo Puffs, found em on amazon so taking a punt thanks. :)

I've been using this stuff a lot as it's super fluffy and doesn't shred like CB, says it's organic and unbleached:

PilotVape Cloud Cotton-Threads
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9656124

I like the idea of cotton threads but shouldn't they make them in different thicknesses ?

depending on the atty and juice.
Its just another link in the chain imo...... Coils, wicking, juice, airflow, watts etc.......

I like 0.2ohm six wraps for single coils @ 3.85v or 75-80w or 0.15 twin coils 4.50v 90-95w and tend to make my juice and wick for these set ups.

Any cotton can be manipulated to suit the vg/pg and power ratio and if anyone is tasting the cotton they're not wicking it properly or over powering it with volts.

I use labo cos ive used it that much I've learnt how to get it to work for me.

Its just another link in the chain imo...... Coils, wicking, juice, airflow, watts etc.......

I like 0.2ohm six wraps for single coils @ 3.85v or 75-80w or 0.15 twin coils 4.50v 90-95w and tend to make my juice and wick for these set ups.

Any cotton can be manipulated to suit the vg/pg and power ratio and if anyone is tasting the cotton they're not wicking it properly or over powering it with volts.

I use labo cos ive used it that much I've learnt how to get it to work for me.
Nailed it. Folk learn to get the best out of what they use.

Back
Top Bottom