What's new

YouTube vaping channels

I still subscribe to pretty much every English speaking Vape Channel and will watch even if I think the reviewer is a shill just to see the product, however, if the item being reviewed is a disposable/pod system/AIO/boro RBA I'll skip it. So I don't watch much these days.

I normally watch reviews to see what the tank or mod looks like. Not really interested in the opinions of the reviewers but am interested in how the deck looks on rta's, rda's etc as you can normally tell by looking at it if it'll suit your style of vaping. It's unfortunate that people starting out can be swayed by the opinions of those reviewers getting freebies from manufacturers. It's very rare that they'll slate anything unless it really is pure shite or if it's something designed by another reviewer that they might have an issue with.

I'm glad they are there as it's worthwhile to see the item in the flesh as opposed to just pics and words though I usually only watch if it's something that interests me though I can't be bothered with stuff that is only available through facebook groups.

In my opinion, Mike Vapes is a reliable and helpful resource. You can find a wide range of content on his channel. I also recommend checking out Vaping Bogan; he's on another level. Used to like Vic as well.

our business was built from YouTubers and reviewers but nowadays it seems they do not have the same impact
Unfortunately, with the YouTube ToS vape content on youtube just doesn't get visibility. If you do a search for a vape reviewers name it more than likely wont show up on the search auto-complete and they won't be recommended to people who aren't already subscribed. Vaping on YouTube is pretty much dead now and the audiences in the UK are pretty much the same core group of folk. When you look at the live show chats it's all the same people spread across shows. It's a shame but I guess that's just the way it is. Unless something dramatically changes in law in the US I don't think it will ever come back :(

One of the many reasons I stopped YouTube is that you put time and effort into content and no one gets to see it so you can't grow organically and it feels like flogging a dead horse. Then there's the 18+ restrictions you have to use so you can't embed anywhere and end up pulling traffic away from places like here in order to watch them which always felt a bit shitty to me.

Last edited:
Ironically enough, I had been searching this very morning for a particular video about Bonsai, whilst searching I saw a video on the feed from a certain reviewer and just by looking at its title could tell instantly what the content would likely be about. Once I had found the Bonsai content I had needed, I left quickly. If youtube wasn't so useful for other hobbies and pastimes of ours, I could easily dump it as far as Vaping is concerned, I only ever follow @todd as I really like his style of reviewing, the other.... well let's just say I no longer bother.

Between the algorithm, the total lack of new releases, the hobbyist market shrinking, and having to remove old content, YouTube vaping channels will only be fewer and fewer. Before you buy new gear, you need to see it close up and on a human scale. If the manufacturers had informative release videos on potv, I would probably delete YouTube. The creepiest bit is that the algorithm is always listening and comes with suggestions that could only originate from eavesdropping on your private conversations :eek:

Those channels are solid choices, but you should check out Mike Vapes and DashVapes too. Btw, I've been diving into making my own vape reviews too. I always try to add some cool effects and cuts with movavi.com. It really spices up the content.

Last edited:
A lot of reviewers seemed to have a way of getting us to buy things that just ended up with problems after using them for a bit. Honest reviewers are hard to find. The only ones I would watch now are Todd’s reviews and N.E.T Vapour.
Anyone know what happened to The Vaping Biker. He was quite fun to watch yrs ago.

A lot of reviewers seemed to have a way of getting us to buy things that just ended up with problems after using them for a bit. Honest reviewers are hard to find. The only ones I would watch now are Todd’s reviews and N.E.T Vapour.
Anyone know what happened to The Vaping Biker. He was quite fun to watch yrs ago.
Dean saw the light and got out ;)

He's now got a woodworking channel which is in his usual cheery style :)

Back
Top Bottom