What's new

Zeta

In my experience, that's standard I'm afraid. Both of these items have been received but according to their website, still processing. I think they are shipped to the UK and then a distributor forwards them on as they have Royal Mail postage details on the front and China customs form on the back of the packet. My first order took ages because of the virus but I think the second one was around two weeks.

View attachment 217238
thanks sounds a bit more promising

thanks sounds a bit more promising
No worries. I got a bit twitchy about my first order whilst trying to be understanding of the virus problems they were facing. Eventually contacted them via the web support and they came back explaining the zeta coils were holding up the order. I said I'd wait and the whole order turned up two or three weeks later.

If you haven't heard anyhting after two or three weeks give them a shout on web support. They got back to me within 24 hours.

No worries. I got a bit twitchy about my first order whilst trying to be understanding of the virus problems they were facing. Eventually contacted them via the web support and they came back explaining the zeta coils were holding up the order. I said I'd wait and the whole order turned up two or three weeks later.

If you haven't heard anyhting after two or three weeks give them a shout on web support. They got back to me within 24 hours.
its the first time i have used them usually fastech

Ok so done a Kanthal and Stainless build.

The stainless I’m using is 30awg. Not getting the same flavour as the stock 1.0ohm coils. Can anyone recommend what setting/temp I should be using at?

There are a lot of variables @chrishell76 . How many wraps have you got and what resistance? You could try bumping the wattage up one or two and see how you get on.

There are a lot of variables @chrishell76 . How many wraps have you got and what resistance? You could try bumping the wattage up one or two and see how you get on.

The stainless build I did was 6 wraps. Resistance came out at 0.97 increasing to just over 1ohm when fired on the Coilmaster tab. I did try the wattage from 10-16w but could tell it was starting to burn at the higher settings. Should I maybe try putting a thicker piece of cotton, so it doesn’t move as freely? One other question on the wraps. On the Kanthal the wraps were closed together, but the Stainless had small gaps between. Does this make any difference and if so what should it be?

The stainless build I did was 6 wraps. Resistance came out at 0.97 increasing to just over 1ohm when fired on the Coilmaster tab. I did try the wattage from 10-16w but could tell it was starting to burn at the higher settings. Should I maybe try putting a thicker piece of cotton, so it doesn’t move as freely? One other question on the wraps. On the Kanthal the wraps were closed together, but the Stainless had small gaps between. Does this make any difference and if so what should it be?

You could try more cotton, aye, as it’s probably down to how you’ve wicked it. It should have a bit of friction. With 30 and 32g i actually need to hold the coil a wee bit to stop it bending out of shape.

The spacing isn’t a problem, mine are always spaced. Probably because i always use stainless and it seems to naturally space.

Ok so a bit of an update. I grabbed some Vandyvape superfine MTL fused claptons (spec in pic) as I have also purchased a Vapefly Jester and someone commented on how much these coils made a difference. So thought I would try in the Zeta as I’d not been getting a great flavour experience using the ones I’ve been making. Anyway first impressions are good (but it is early days). I’m using 6mg Beaum Custard and can already tell the flavour is greatly improved and I’m still getting to find the right wattage as don’t really know what I should be running at, currently at 12w?

I presume I’m ok using these as haven’t seen anyone else using them in the Zeta?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Ok so a bit of an update. I grabbed some Vandyvape superfine MTL fused claptons (spec in pic) as I have also purchased a Vapefly Jester and someone commented on how much these coils made a difference. So thought I would try in the Zeta as I’d not been getting a great flavour experience using the ones I’ve been making. Anyway first impressions are good (but it is early days). I’m using 6mg Beaum Custard and can already tell the flavour is greatly improved and I’m still getting to find the right wattage as don’t really know what I should be running at, currently at 12w?

I presume I’m ok using these as haven’t seen anyone else using them in the Zeta?

If they fit they will be fine. You will just have to experiment with how high you go with watts.

Back
Top Bottom