What's new

Just about to order a coilmaster kit (update)

Not much more to say about the coilmaster kit other than to agree with all the other positive opinions. Definitely worth the money - all the tools in it are good quality and just make everything that much easier when it comes to building. I've got a lot more use out of it than I thought I would.

In terms of other stuff I would add:

2 x AA batteries for the ohms reader (fairly sure it didn't come with any)

Wire - personal preference really and bears some experimenting with. I think the 24g in the kit is too big for the Kayfun. As mentioned above 26g is nice and easy to coil (and helped me get the hang of using the coiling jig), but I ended up preferring slightly thinner gauges in the V3 mini for the faster ramp up times at lower wattages. I like either 28g or 27g from Stealthvape.

Lots of cotton - I got through a surprising amount when I started experimenting with building.

Deck screws for the Kayfun - the SXK clone may well come with decent screws, but my cheaper FT one didn't and I surpassed my already impressive swearing record trying to get the wire trapped under them. Extra screws are always handy anyway for when you inevitably drop them down the sink.
M1.6 x 3mm are the size you need - I get mine from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M1-6-M2-M...-Bolts-/361516262481?var=&hash=item92e4c2a4f9

Happy building! :)

Thanks @Sasz. Never thought about spare screws. I am a dozy bugger so I'd better get some. Mind you, it can't be as bad as dropping a teeny tiny nearly invisible watch screw which I have done many times in the past. Those are a bugger to find again.

I've got loads of cotton that I use to wick my Naturevape mini with so that should last a while.

Today I made my first ever coil. Surprisingly it went well. Vaping Manabush in my kayfun mini 3 clone. I'm well chuffed.

So just wanted to thank you all for your help. :thankssign:

Back
Top Bottom