What's new

Vendors...how 'clean' is your prep area?

The machines aren't part of the regs, the trouble is that to warrant the costs of compliance and the building required to produce it, you have to have the sales and with that comes production costs to keep up.

From a diy perspective it's night and day but it's part of the reason why commercial juice production costs money and why the bottle prices are what they are.

Just for the bottling machine at £70k yiu have to sell a lot of 10ml bottles.
^this - all of it

Thanks man, i always was going to put some through eventually. Just wanted to actually see some othet brands in my hand before i parted with my cash, mainly the examples of packaging and the ingredients listed. The other reason, i was almost certain the testing prices would come down after the initial mad rush passed, i obviously have no idea what you or anyone else paid but i know the quotes i had in November last year and the quotes i have now, the price is massivley different, almost half the price! So i think the wait paid off really, the only thing i wish i prepaired more for was making alot more 30ml nic liquids before November, it ran dry by the new year [emoji21][emoji21]

I couldnt agree more with what you said about the unit, when im not there im worried about it all haha. The security there is shit hot, its staffed 24/7 but yeah its a very weird feeling. Its nice to be in there though, lots more room and everything seems to take less time for some reason!

Il get some pics up later this afternoon, its a million miles from your setup but im sure we will get there some day [emoji4]

Good to see another vendor getting back into the long slog :) the whole thing has been a ballache from start to not remotely finished so you probably got a decent short cut seeing what was going on.

I keep getting sent tpd compliant eliquid samples for the shop that in no way appear to conform so I guess those of us trying to be legal will be fine.

Cctv though, definitely get some as otherwise you'll just panic, I'd avoid the cheaper systems though and get something like a hikvision 1080p/2k setup as I've had both and the hikvision is by far the less trouble.

I've still had to pull some jeans on and drive to the unit a few times at 1am to double check the odd false alarm but it's nice to be able to just open my app and look at all 9 cameras covering my premises to settle my mind. :)

Just fine tune the sensitivity on motion detection, otherwise you will get woken up by dust lol.

hik_36_20170309001454812.jpg

Night vision is a godsend..

Good to see another vendor getting back into the long slog :) the whole thing has been a ballache from start to not remotely finished so you probably got a decent short cut seeing what was going on.

I keep getting sent tpd compliant eliquid samples for the shop that in no way appear to conform so I guess those of us trying to be legal will be fine.

Cctv though, definitely get some as otherwise you'll just panic, I'd avoid the cheaper systems though and get something like a hikvision 1080p/2k setup as I've had both and the hikvision is by far the less trouble.

I've still had to pull some jeans on and drive to the unit a few times at 1am to double check the odd false alarm but it's nice to be able to just open my app and look at all 9 cameras covering my premises to settle my mind. :)

Just fine tune the sensitivity on motion detection, otherwise you will get woken up by dust lol.

View attachment 120666

Night vision is a godsend..
Might be a bit of a dense question, but the TPD 'compliant' samples you have received, that don't actually seem to fit the regulations, in what way exactly have you found they don't comply, or is there various reasons?

That CCTV is very good quality, especially for a night vision image :). I want to get a CCTV system myself, although it would be far cheaper than yours as it would just be for the house- getting a bit dodgy round here now unfortunately.

I would probably be more freaked out if after fine tuning the motion detection, finding it keep going off with nothing actually there. That, or looking on the night vision and seeing some strange creature lol.

@gazlynn , very similar to my set up at home, and did bring a laugh :).

It is the same as what I meant when I said that at home, my kitchen is perfectly normal by home standards, but would fail an actual inspection for a kitchen, I only know this from working in Nursing homes and all the silly things you had to follow (not all silly, but a lot was).

@Cotswold Vapour , genuine question, have you seen some real nasty facebook sellers then? Like I would not mind if I was a new vaper, and buying juice for cheap from somewhere like Gaz or myself, but if there is some real nasties you have seen that isn't nice.
I keep thinking of the pube for some reason lol.

Can I just add....

Not that anyone would want to buy it :):11::)

I don't sell my diy juice.

cheers

Gaz

Might be a bit of a dense question, but the TPD 'compliant' samples you have received, that don't actually seem to fit the regulations, in what way exactly have you found they don't comply, or is there various reasons?

That CCTV is very good quality, especially for a night vision image :). I want to get a CCTV system myself, although it would be far cheaper than yours as it would just be for the house- getting a bit dodgy round here now unfortunately.

I would probably be more freaked out if after fine tuning the motion detection, finding it keep going off with nothing actually there. That, or looking on the night vision and seeing some strange creature lol.

Mainly packaging that doesn't fit the rules.

hazard warning labels too small, almost illegible text, missing peel and reveal strips or box which means most of the required contra-indications are missing etc. There's basically a whole bunch of bottles being sent out as TPD ready that only have the nicotine warning white box on and nothing else changed.

For CCTV, you can turn a PC into an NVR if you want recording functions but for the price of a dedicated one they are probably a false economy. I have an Annke 4 camera system running alongside 5 Hikvision on seperate NVR's and the annke not only loses in quality, functions and usability but also reliability as the camera's sometimes 'lose' their settings and go offline for periods of time.

If it's for security you may as well spend a little bit to ensure it's going to work.

The strange triggers late at night are disconcerting for sure. Sometimes there's nothing there but the other day it looked like a bird in front of one of the camera's, it was a tiny moth :)

Mainly packaging that doesn't fit the rules.

hazard warning labels too small, almost illegible text, missing peel and reveal strips or box which means most of the required contra-indications are missing etc. There's basically a whole bunch of bottles being sent out as TPD ready that only have the nicotine warning white box on and nothing else changed.

For CCTV, you can turn a PC into an NVR if you want recording functions but for the price of a dedicated one they are probably a false economy. I have an Annke 4 camera system running alongside 5 Hikvision on seperate NVR's and the annke not only loses in quality, functions and usability but also reliability as the camera's sometimes 'lose' their settings and go offline for periods of time.

If it's for security you may as well spend a little bit to ensure it's going to work.

The strange triggers late at night are disconcerting for sure. Sometimes there's nothing there but the other day it looked like a bird in front of one of the camera's, it was a tiny moth :)
Ahh I see. I'm not too up on the new regulations in regards to juice in all honesty, mainly where I don't make juice to sell, but it must be a real nightmare at the moment.

In regards to turning a PC into a DVR to record, having a quick look online I do see what you mean, they are not overly expensive are they- I expected them to be a lot more expensive when you spoke of going for one of the better ones. I haven't really taken a look until now at pricing, just something I wanted to get soon.

I definitely would want it to work and not constantly be having issues. Quality is also important, as after all there is not much point having it if you only will see a blurry mess lol.
Sometimes in the local paper it's shocking, big companies have awful CCTV and are asking if you recognise this person. It could be anyone, sometimes it is so bad you can't even tell what colour the person is, let alone who they could be.

Yeah I would imagine they can get a bit creepy, especially when nothing is there. I bet you was glad it was only a moth and not a bird, I imagine a bird could leave quite a bit of mess in there!

And @gazlynn , my apologies mate I wasn't trying to imply you sold juice by any means :).

This morning I was pouring some "pralines and cream by the waffle cone" into a unicorn bottle, and this thick black hair about an inch long floated out of the bottle with the juice. And this is with a freshly opened bottle, so I know it wasn't me that contaminated it. And I don't have black hair.
Regardless to say, I binned it.
So getting to the clean room stuff, this sort of thing should not have happened.

This morning I was pouring some "pralines and cream by the waffle cone" into a unicorn bottle, and this thick black hair about an inch long floated out of the bottle with the juice. And this is with a freshly opened bottle, so I know it wasn't me that contaminated it. And I don't have black hair.
Regardless to say, I binned it.
So getting to the clean room stuff, this sort of thing should not have happened.

:11:
straight or curly?

Back
Top Bottom