What's new

Squonk Check

I would still like to try one I have been known to put a baby beast drip tip in the hadaly it looks a bit funky but your not so close to the top cap

Lol. Anyone who knows me will know by big coil I mean 24 awg. You really need too keep above 0.8 (preferably above 1 ohm and 26 awg. It gets hot easy.
I use a pei cap on the hadaly too bud. I like to run a 0.5 coil in it and your right it can get mighty warm but the design of le Concorde makes it uncomfortable on your lips without a long drip tip.
Yep, i use 22g flatwire and with longer driptip works perfect

I would still like to try one I have been known to put a baby beast drip tip in the hadaly it looks a bit funky but your not so close to the top cap
Yeah it's excellent. Just a bit of a pain literally in the lips.lol.

Just to update on the devil. It needs a good clean as it comes a little machine oil coated but no biggie. The squonk pin naturally sits about a mm above the deck which works well. So far no oversquonk and a bloody tasty vale with a pair of 24 awg coils comming in at 0.4mm. This rda likes big wire but you must clip it dead tight to the posts or risk a short.
Set up a Devil with a pair of small 2.5mm kanthal claptons (26G wrapped in 32G), comes out at at 0.3, less room in there than I expected, few drips coming out of the airflow, need longer coils maybe, smaller space for wick/juice than I imagined.
However, it's not bad for a cheap copy, running at 60W, big airflow and drip tip keeps cool. Taste is fine. Will test some more ...

Set up a Devil with a pair of small 2.5mm kanthal claptons (26G wrapped in 32G), comes out at at 0.3, less room in there than I expected, few drips coming out of the airflow, need longer coils maybe, smaller space for wick/juice than I imagined.
However, it's not bad for a cheap copy, running at 60W, big airflow and drip tip keeps cool. Taste is fine. Will test some more ...
You've got to get them coils close to the posts don't you. I've gone with 22awg, 3mm 0.4 ohms and 40w (ish). Also you have to cut the coils tight to the posts in case of shorting on the top. Pretty good once your used too the squonk level.

You've got to get them coils close to the posts don't you. I've gone with 22awg, 3mm 0.4 ohms and 40w (ish). Also you have to cut the coils tight to the posts in case of shorting on the top. Pretty good once your used too the squonk level.
Just too used to some voluminous juice wells lately ;)
Closest I've ever been to posts, had to dig out the feeler gauges :D

Re-coiled with two tiny coils - 5 wraps Ni80 26G 3mm and stuffed with cotton, came out at .25 (shows .28 on the Dripbox and vaping at 50W.
Much better, coils higher too and AFC about half, nice amount of vape (not too voluminous) and excellent taste. Worth playing round with.

2017-08-14 devilishly voluminous.jpg
2017-08-14 devilishly simple.jpg

Back
Top Bottom