What's new

Kayfun lite leaking?

I'm trying this guys method next

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mentioned about the whisteling before and its juice trapped in the air duct, you need to roll a thin piece of mesh or even newspaper to push inside the air duct to soak up the trapped liquid, this will stop the whisteling withough dismantling and cleaning the whole thing

Don't know if this would be of any relevance but see this and thought might help as this could be a cause 2013_08_26_19.00.19.jpg

And the leak is back! Next step is to find some of those tiddly orings! There is no reason for the leak so I'm putting I down to being just one of those things. If the vape wasn't so nice I'd be pretty pissed off but it's hard to be annoyed when the flavour is this good!

I have a new theory! Yesterday I got my new silica and set it up. As much as I loved the figure of 8 wick my last few attempts have been woeful, not getting the mind blowing flavour and thought maybe I was just getting used to my new toy. So I did a wick with 4 tails (thanks Mark) and BLAM I got smacked full in the face with monsterous amounts of flavour. Now this morning I've just checked for leaks and its as dry as a bone. I'm pretty sure there is a connection here. The wicks must be pulling the juice in correctly and stopping the leak (although how it's stopping it leaking from the fill hole is a mystery to me). I'll keep a watchful eye on it and report back any leaks that occur :)

I watched a couple of videos on how to wick a KFL, 3 weeks after getting mine! To my horror I discovered I'd been doing it all wrong! I thought I would try it the 'right' way-I'm now back to doing it my way.... I have 4 tails that I cut to the length of the 1st bit of the chimney and then poke them down so they lay across channel where the juice comes In at the Bottom-works a lot better for me and no leaks or flooding and plenty of flavour? Anyone else do it this way.....

I watched a couple of videos on how to wick a KFL, 3 weeks after getting mine! To my horror I discovered I'd been doing it all wrong! I thought I would try it the 'right' way-I'm now back to doing it my way.... I have 4 tails that I cut to the length of the 1st bit of the chimney and then poke them down so they lay across channel where the juice comes In at the Bottom-works a lot better for me and no leaks or flooding and plenty of flavour? Anyone else do it this way.....
That's what I've gone back to. Just gone to refill and the leak is back-back to the drawing board :(

I feel for you :( I'm in love with mine-The only thing I've tried that was (marginally) better was a dripper and I really can't be arsed with one of them. Do you know anyone local who has one? You could try swoping ONE piece at a time for a couple of days-IF you swop the leak with the piece that would identify a faulty (mis-machined?) part? If this doesn't show up a faulty part then it's either the way your wicking it (get someone else to make one Their way) OR you must have a really hard suck :) I could test this for you.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom