What's new

Billet Box, what's the crack?

Hmm I'm tempted to buy another authentic.

DNA60 Rat Black.

Although I sold my last DNA40 authentic :/

Having watched the protracted procedure to coil and wick one, it reminded me of the time I used to recoil and wick Evods. That’s a no. Also, I find them exceptionally plain and dull from the outside.

No doubt they work well for those who love ‘em. @Rob will tell you why they’re awesome.
That's exactly what's put me off trying one too. Refilling doesn't seem to be much of a chore but building and rewicking...meh. Having to drain the tank is a big no no for me. I don't mind the looks at all, actually I like the idea of rebuildable AIO with sleek, simple appearance.
I look forward to hearing from @Rob.
BTW what accessories would I need for restricted MTL?

It's not really me that should be answering this, but Carol :) She was the first to get one here at The Homestead. Now being cheapskates, we got her an SXK Clone first at £129 from Provapes at the time, we also went with the SXK Exocet which was THE insider of the time. So basically just shy of £150 ready to go.
The BIG appeal for her was the fact that not only was it smallish, compact, but also simplicity itself. I was amazed by how well the Exocet worked and how much flavour it produced. Building it was an absolute doddle, if you can build a Keyfun style Deck this will seem a walk in the park. Time passed and she remained delighted with it, the reported leaking......... wasn't happening, or should I say condensation? So all was well in the world.

Today............ She has 4 of em. :) She really IS that pleased with them and absolutely loves them. The only change made has been that all four have Vapeshells as she and I much prefer the results that it gives, plus, it's even easier to build than the Exocet, so result!!

I also have one and use it daily, in fact, I am using it now!! I was sceptical, but not now. The BB with the Vapeshell performs every bit as well as my beloved Calixes and THAT is saying a LOT!!!

Obviously, a BB isn't for everyone, but most whom have tried ours have become converts.

Yes the authentics are expensive, but if we are being totally honest, there really is very, very little between a Real one and an SXK. I got a Real One in a Trade and used it for a while, then sold it as I preferred the SXK. Make of that what you will. That said, I am now about to get another authentic. :)

OK to answer the questions that have arisen whilst writing this. IF you use a Vapeshell (Real or Clone) they come with various size restrictors, so it's doubtful you'd need to do anything else.

Coiling and wicking a Vapeshell is an absolute sinch to really get intense flavour I found that a Spaced Coil, run surprisingly low in the Vapeshell really works. We both run ours' at 15 Watts as that does what we want and like from a vape. Neither of us use AFCs on the Shells as with the infamous Damp Plug in place we find that restricts the air enough to make for a perfect Draw........... For US!

YES!!!! DTL is easy. We don't run ours' with tiny restrictors, all using the second largest which again, works for US. I ran mine without a restrictor recently, but it overwhelmed me :) Too much for me so popped it back in and all is great again. :)

It's not really me that should be answering this, but Carol :) She was the first to get one here at The Homestead. Now being cheapskates, we got her an SXK Clone first at £129 from Provapes at the time, we also went with the SXK Exocet which was THE insider of the time. So basically just shy of £150 ready to go.
The BIG appeal for her was the fact that not only was it smallish, compact, but also simplicity itself. I was amazed by how well the Exocet worked and how much flavour it produced. Building it was an absolute doddle, if you can build a Keyfun style Deck this will seem a walk in the park. Time passed and she remained delighted with it, the reported leaking......... wasn't happening, or should I say condensation? So all was well in the world.

Today............ She has 4 of em. :) She really IS that pleased with them and absolutely loves them. The only change made has been that all four have Vapeshells as she and I much prefer the results that it gives, plus, it's even easier to build than the Exocet, so result!!

I also have one and use it daily, in fact, I am using it now!! I was sceptical, but not now. The BB with the Vapeshell performs every bit as well as my beloved Calixes and THAT is saying a LOT!!!

Obviously, a BB isn't for everyone, but most whom have tried ours have become converts.

Yes the authentics are expensive, but if we are being totally honest, there really is very, very little between a Real one and an SXK. I got a Real One in a Trade and used it for a while, then sold it as I preferred the SXK. Make of that what you will. That said, I am now about to get another authentic. :)

OK to answer the questions that have arisen whilst writing this. IF you use a Vapeshell (Real or Clone) they come with various size restrictors, so it's doubtful you'd need to do anything else.

Coiling and wicking a Vapeshell is an absolute sinch to really get intense flavour I found that a Spaced Coil, run surprisingly low in the Vapeshell really works. We both run ours' at 15 Watts as that does what we want and like from a vape. Neither of us use AFCs on the Shells as with the infamous Damp Plug in place we find that restricts the air enough to make for a perfect Draw........... For US!

YES!!!! DTL is easy. We don't run ours' with tiny restrictors, all using the second largest which again, works for US. I ran mine without a restrictor recently, but it overwhelmed me :) Too much for me so popped it back in and all is great again. :)
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Rob.

I keep hearing things about vapeshells and this, that and the other.
For a decent MTL vape, are they good to go out of the box or do I need to spend thousands on extras?

i don't have silly money to throw at kit so i just got the clones and it all came in at about 80 quid from fasttech
the bridges (adapters) that come with the clone let you use the kangertech coils and the aspire 1.8 ohm coils(v nice mtl vape)as well as the kangertech subtank rba

the vapeshell clone comes with and adapter that lets you put it on a normal mod to build it makeing life much easier
its a simple rba thats not that hard to build,but wicking it for high power cloudage is one thing i haven't managed yet
tbh the airflow ring that comes with the clone doesn't work as its not a tight fit but an isub coil o'ring with hole cut in fits purfick if you want it tighter than the reducer can make it
its a lot loser than the berserker mtl rdta but gives a similar vape to the doggy and kf3

i am tight with my money but im glad i got one
hope that helps

i don't have silly money to throw at kit so i just got the clones and it all came in at about 80 quid from fasttech
the bridges (adapters) that come with the clone let you use the kangertech coils and the aspire 1.8 ohm coils(v nice mtl vape)as well as the kangertech subtank rba

the vapeshell clone comes with and adapter that lets you put it on a normal mod to build it makeing life much easier
its a simple rba thats not that hard to build,but wicking it for high power cloudage is one thing i haven't managed yet
tbh the airflow ring that comes with the clone doesn't work as its not a tight fit but an isub coil o'ring with hole cut in fits purfick if you want it tighter than the reducer can make it
its a lot loser than the berserker mtl rdta but gives a similar vape to the doggy and kf3

i am tight with my money but im glad i got one
hope that helps
That’s brilliant, thanks. I predominantly use the KFL, so this could be for me.
Sorry to be a clueless idiot, but assuming I’m building my own coils, all I need to get started is the billetbox itself? No bridges, vapeshells etc?

Rob: It’s not really me who should be answering this

Also Rob: Here’s a picture of my two hundred and seventy three BBs

That’s brilliant, thanks. I predominantly use the KFL, so this could be for me.
Sorry to be a clueless idiot, but assuming I’m building my own coils, all I need to get started is the billetbox itself? No bridges, vapeshells etc?
you do get the kangertech rba in the kit but tbh its not that good and im glad i got the vapeshell at the same time so its worth getting one
if you get a spare sxk boro tank you can swop and play as it were and they are under a tenner on ft(handy for sticking a £2 aspire coil in for a back up
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10039149/9640861-sxk-replacement-tank-for-bb-60w-70w-box-mod-kit
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...316-stainless-steel-vape-shell-for-bb-box-mod

but it will work with out

Back
Top Bottom