What's new

What makes a good tank?

I pretty much agree with everything @eyeball kid says, but just to add that, as I have few juice flavours I really like, these days I tend to judge a new tank by how a particular juice tastes in it. If my juice doesn't taste how I like it to, I'm not likely to keep using it. Obviously. But bugger me, that's a difficult criteria to pass on to another vaper! :D

I pretty much agree with everything @eyeball kid says, but just to add that, as I have few juice flavours I really like, these days I tend to judge a new tank by how a particular juice tastes in it. If my juice doesn't taste how I like it to, I'm not likely to keep using it. Obviously. But bugger me, that's a difficult criteria to pass on to another vaper! :D
Very true Crewella. As I've said here before. I love the cthuhu hastur mini. Very tasty and easy to use tank (especially using the smaller airflow insert) but my beloved nanabhozo tastes wrong to me in it. Pow wow, nokomis ect are perfect but somehow it highlights elements of nana that are different to how I like it so nana goes in a kayfun lite. It used to be the dvarw as I love the vape I get from the dvarw with the 1mm insert but again as I mentioned earlier, the dvarw is a little more time consuming to wick which relegated it to a back up against the ease of rewicking the kayfun lite. Lazy but a fact.
I can't speak highly enough of the build quality and flexibility of the skyline but it's way too fussy for me to use daily and more importantly my manabush doesn't shine (to my tastes) in it, so it sits neglected.
Really is so difficult to pinpoint what will work for others.
Just ordered a noi tank and visually it looks like it can't possibly be anything but perfect but history tells me there's more chances of me not liking it.

Very true Crewella. As I've said here before. I love the cthuhu hastur mini. Very tasty and easy to use tank (especially using the smaller airflow insert) but my beloved nanabhozo tastes wrong to me in it. Pow wow, nokomis ect are perfect but somehow it highlights elements of nana that are different to how I like it so nana goes in a kayfun lite. It used to be the dvarw as I love the vape I get from the dvarw with the 1mm insert but again as I mentioned earlier, the dvarw is a little more time consuming to wick which relegated it to a back up against the ease of rewicking the kayfun lite. Lazy but a fact.
I can't speak highly enough of the build quality and flexibility of the skyline but it's way too fussy for me to use daily and more importantly my manabush doesn't shine (to my tastes) in it, so it sits neglected.
Just ordered a noi tank and visually it looks like it can't possibly be anything but perfect but history tells me there's more chances of me not liking it.
Exactly ............... and my Nokomis didn't taste 'right' in the Hastur Mini, which is possibly why I'm not so keen on it and prefer other MTL tanks. :)

Have got my eye on the Noi tank. Looks good and a very compact 4ml.

Exactly ............... and my Nokomis didn't taste 'right' in the Hastur Mini, which is possibly why I'm not so keen on it and prefer other MTL tanks. :)
I also found the hastur mini goes against everything we've built our foundations on in as much as the standard 3.7v that I set all my mtl tanks at wherever the coil may land from 0.8 ohms to my more usual 1.2ohms is far too high. It work's best between 3.2- 3.5v. I can only assume it's down to the chamber/chimney design but it is what it is.
The kayfun prime is another tank that should be as good as it gets for manabush but it couldn't possibly do a worse job in presenting the flavours I love.
Some flavours are fine in it but I can't stand it for any manabush.

Have got my eye on the Noi tank. Looks good and a very compact 4ml.
Everything looks right. The design is similar to the skyline with the short kit on it but without the juice flow nonsense. The posts and under coil airflow hole look exactly what I find delivers the best flavour and it's relatively compact for it's capacity so fingers crossed.

I also found the hastur mini goes against everything we've built our foundations on in as much as the standard 3.7v that I set all my mtl tanks at wherever the coil may land from 0.8 ohms to my more usual 1.2ohms is far too high. It work's best between 3.2- 3.5v. I can only assume it's down to the chamber/chimney design but it is what it is.
The kayfun prime is another tank that should be as good as it gets for manabush but it couldn't possibly do a worse job in presenting the flavours I love.
Some flavours are fine in it but I can't stand it for any manabush.
Interesting ......... I love the KF Mini V3, but I've just given my Prime away ........... :D

All I've said above is exactly the answer to the ever present question of "why do you guy's buy clones and not support the makers". I absolutely do. I've two genuine kayfun lites now but I'd never have committed to spending £140 on the results of the kayfun v5 or prime.
You really have to live with a tank for a while before deciding if it adds something to what you already use. In this case, it added simplicity of wicking over the dvarw and delivered comparable flavour and that was enough for me.

Interesting ......... I love the KF Mini V3, but I've just given my Prime away ........... :D
With you completely. Love the v3.... no that's not true. Love the vape and ease of wicking. Hate the juice control, hence the move onwards.
Time has proved that I don't find top fill any more of a benefit over bottom fill and it took the dvarw to highlight that to me. As it's a hobby as well as a smoking cessation aid, I'm happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom