What's new

New vaper in need of advice please!

DesperateVaper

Initiate
Hi everyone.. new to this forum.

I have vaped before but have gone back to the stickies (big regret)

Anyway. I am now 7 days without a stinky and have been vaping for 7 days. I am using a tordandoex2 and vaping 25pg/75vg juice in a Berry flavour.

I've got an ulcer on the roof of my mouth and my tounge feels although it is burnt. I am worried I am having some sort of reaction to the juice, although this has never happened to me before. Also have a sore throat but I expected that anyway.

Please advise.. vaping is working so well in aiding me to stop smoking but I cannot continue like this. Thank you.

Hi everyone.. new to this forum.

I have vaped before but have gone back to the stickies (big regret)

Anyway. I am now 7 days without a stinky and have been vaping for 7 days. I am using a tordandoex2 and vaping 25pg/75vg juice in a Berry flavour.

I've got an ulcer on the roof of my mouth and my tounge feels although it is burnt. I am worried I am having some sort of reaction to the juice, although this has never happened to me before. Also have a sore throat but I expected that anyway.

Please advise.. vaping is working so well in aiding me to stop smoking but I cannot continue like this. Thank you.
You'll go through all sorts of changes for the first few weeks smoke free and ulcers is not uncommon.
Well done on the 7 days so far and soon enoigh it will be 7 weeks then 7 months etc.....

You'll go through all sorts of changes for the first few weeks smoke free and ulcers is not uncommon.
Well done on the 7 days so far and soon enoigh it will be 7 weeks then 7 months etc.....

Thank you. So would you say burning tounge and ulcers are not a sign of a reaction?

Pick a different flavour or brand, it may / may not be a reaction, the only way you will know is trial and error with ruling in / out.

Pick a different flavour or brand, it may / may not be a reaction, the only way you will know is trial and error with ruling in / out.

Thank you. Yes I was planning on getting a new kit and different juice brand and flavour.. ive had to stop for today and just use niquitin mints in the hope that my mouth feels better soon. Was a bit worried incase it was a reaction and it just got worse with continued use. I dont know if juice can cause anaphylaxsis but I didnt want to risk experimenting lol.

Thank you. Yes I was planning on getting a new kit and different juice brand and flavour.. ive had to stop for today and just use niquitin mints in the hope that my mouth feels better soon. Was a bit worried incase it was a reaction and it just got worse with continued use. I dont know if juice can cause anaphylaxsis but I didnt want to risk experimenting lol.
A burnt tongue and ulcers on the roof of your mouth are not symptoms of anaphylaxis shock.
Did you notice anything burning your tongue while you were vaping?
If so any idea what it was?

Hi @DesperateVaper and welcome to the planet.

as said above this is a difficult one to answer and really it will be down to trail and error to work out whats causing it.
detoxing from cigs can take 2-3 weeks while your body expells all the shite that cigs casued and the usual can be more coughing and mouth ulcers. the mouth ulcers is a strange one as all the crap found in cigs actually masks these issues and they are not noticable until you actually stop smoking.
what i will say is start drinking plenty of water as dehydration occurs quite quickly.
next will be to try other ratio juice, like 70vg and 50/50
some people have side effects from pg so trying a 50/50 juice if things get worse in the mouth then it could be pg is the problem.
i dont know your kit so after a quick google is it the one from totally wankered wicked. 75vg would be too thick for this kit as it shows on google it comes with a 1.2ohm coil and i have no idea if there are other coils for this kit.

might well be worth trying a few from some of the cheaper suppliers like LiQuid (£1) or Drip Drop (£2) for 10ml. both links cqan be found on post 1 here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
quite a few of our fave vendors do shortfills which come in 50 or 100ml but not worth us mentioning them until we get to the bottom of the mouth ulcers.
good luck with your journey and always someone on line to offer advise.

A burnt tongue and ulcers on the roof of your mouth are not symptoms of anaphylaxis shock.
Did you notice anything burning your tongue while you were vaping?
If so any idea what it was?

No it didn't feel like burning at the time of vaping. Its just gotten gradually worse. Kinda like the feeling you have if you burn your mouth on a hot tea. And then the ulcer is just behind my two top front teeth.

No it didn't feel like burning at the time of vaping. Its just gotten gradually worse. Kinda like the feeling you have if you burn your mouth on a hot tea. And then the ulcer is just behind my two top front teeth.
The vape you are using does it mimic smoking close enough?
It maybe that it's getting hotter than it should as i believe the draw from that kit will be looser than smoking.
The other thing to consider is smoking does all sorts of things to the mouth and issues seem to occur when we stop.
Smoking restricts blood from the minute blood vessels and after a few days of being smoke free the blood comes rushing back and can cause bleeding gums, ulcers, a feeling the tongue and gums are raw etc.....
This will heal after a few weeks and tbh i suspect you are just going through this phase.

Hi @DesperateVaper and welcome to the planet.

as said above this is a difficult one to answer and really it will be down to trail and error to work out whats causing it.
detoxing from cigs can take 2-3 weeks while your body expells all the shite that cigs casued and the usual can be more coughing and mouth ulcers. the mouth ulcers is a strange one as all the crap found in cigs actually masks these issues and they are not noticable until you actually stop smoking.
what i will say is start drinking plenty of water as dehydration occurs quite quickly.
next will be to try other ratio juice, like 70vg and 50/50
some people have side effects from pg so trying a 50/50 juice if things get worse in the mouth then it could be pg is the problem.
i dont know your kit so after a quick google is it the one from totally wankered wicked. 75vg would be too thick for this kit as it shows on google it comes with a 1.2ohm coil and i have no idea if there are other coils for this kit.

might well be worth trying a few from some of the cheaper suppliers like LiQuid (£1) or Drip Drop (£2) for 10ml. both links cqan be found on post 1 here POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
quite a few of our fave vendors do shortfills which come in 50 or 100ml but not worth us mentioning them until we get to the bottom of the mouth ulcers.
good luck with your journey and always someone on line to offer advise.

Hi, and thank you!

Thats so strange about the mouth ulcers but that would make sense. Just the burning tounge I find the strangest as my tounge doesn't look turnt just feels like it and is very sore.
Yes thats the kit (again new to this and was under the impression totally wicked was the place place to go?)
I was sold the higher VG juice due to throat issues previously and was given different coils. I cant think off the top of my head but they have a bigger hole 0.4 rings a bell (maybe) sorry im such a newbie!

Have thought maybe I was drawing on the vape wrong and maybe getting some juice on my mouth but that's happened to me in the past and I definately knew about it.

So frustrated as I haven't even craved a stinky since being on the vape and I'm missing vaping today since I've been steering clear trying to figure it out. I really do not want to give up at the first hurdle.

Thank you to everyone for the advice, it is massively appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom