What's new

AIO Reviewers

Have you tried a disposable?
The kids say they are all the rage

I was in a nightclub the other week, first time I ever tried disposables, a little bit sad to say that the crystal's were actually quite good. I feel like an imposter now. :(

Not sure about posting on this thread because as I've posted on another thread I've only just bought my first AIO! But seeing this is kinda about online reviews...I've been vaping sub ohm using rta, rba and stock coils for the past six years and what I realised pretty quick is that the reviewers are indeed just selling stuff. And I think that's fair enough. It's been a good few years since I was influenced to buy stuff on the recommendations of a YouTuber. I still find it useful tho when I hit a problem with my set up and I've often found the answer there. So basically I don't have to watch them but sometimes still do - even just for entertainment value alone :5:!

Most YouTubers or whatever are promoters rather than reviewer's, you get the real 'reviews' on what to buy in forum comments.

*They're usually good for a build tutorial though :)

upload_2024-1-28_1-3-28.jpeg

The same cotton, coil and liquid can produce different flavour in different RBAs. If I put the same build and liquid in the Bishop Cubed and Cloud for example, they won't taste exactly the same.

Same for RTAs. The Profile Unity gives way better flavour than the Kylin M Pro or Profile M for example, using the same mesh and cotton in all.

To be fair, YT reviews have helped me out countless times. Often times seeing an attie I've never used before that gets opened up so you can just see the whole thing including the build deck really helps. At the end of the day they all need to earn a crust like we all do and they're never going to get much work if they just go around slagging off manufacturers products so I don't criticise them for that. You just learn to know when to take most of what they say with a pinch of salt. You can still learn plenty of really helpful stuff from them such as build tips and other useful info so they deserve appreciation for the help they provide with things like that.

On the flavour point I tend to put a lot more thought into what the juice is doing rather than the hardware. @ZenAnarchi makes an excellent point about the effect of temperature. We all know how some things taste great cold such as a nice cold beer on a summers day while others taste great when they're warmed to the perfect temperature such as that nice glass of red Zen mentioned.

Of course, hardware manufacturers all want us to believe their hardware gives great flavour. How else are they going to sell their products? I just think that leads us into thinking that flavour comes more from the hardware instead of where it really comes from.

You put a drop a vape juice on your finger and you'll taste a nice flavour. You try having a taste of any other part of your vape gear and it's going to taste like crap. All the hardware is simply the delivery mechanism.

There are lots of ways we can vary the setup of our vapes to improve how well they deliver flavour from our juices and, of course, they all make a certain amount of difference in their own way which will definitely have it's own particular effect on flavour profile so all these setup variations do all make a difference.

I just think it's more important to think about what's happening on inside the liquid with all those atoms of flavour milling around and then think about how I can get the best from my juice in how I do my setup.

I have bought a few things mainly AIO's including the Aspire Raga and the Damn Vape Zaion without reviews and pretty much gleaning my information on POTV. I am shocked that there aren't many people especially on here that haven't bought either one. If the ZAION would have had a few more things like TC i don't think it could be beat for sheer versatility. Saying that after having both for a while and using them (Heavily) i think the Raga steals my Top AIO just for build and feel of it. The only issue i have and this probably wouldn't be an issue for most is the Battery, It's not because it's on show either as with the right battery wrap i think it looks great, it's because once that battery is clicked in, with my Weak Fingers it's a proper bastard to get out. The other thing i want to try is TC, Aspire generally do good chips i have heard but you need to ask (@ZenAnarchi as he is a very refind gentleman) I tried TC on another non-dna Mod and in a word it was shite. I will have to try and remember the mod so no one has to suffer the same fate though i thought my SX T Class was rubbish for TC but that could be just me, i am not the brightest light on the Christmas Tree and even after almost 4 years i still need to ask the most gifted among us @John R and @ZenAnarchi even the more simpler questions which are probably most obvious to most. So Raga in TC is on my Next to do list. I think the only RBA i have tried TC with is the Pioneer Insider and may try the Bishop Cubed next.

I just think of it as these people are running a business, businesses need to make money....there will be a business and personal side to them, what they say behind the camera in business mode will be different to their personal views.
I was in a nightclub the other week, first time I ever tried disposables, a little bit sad to say that the crystal's were actually quite good. I feel like an imposter now. :(
anything with 50% flavouring and a shit ton of dubious sweetener is going to taste good isn't it ?

Unless you dont like sweet of course

Being a RDA user I have some difficulty understanding how MTL and maximum flavour belong in the same sentence, it only makes sense when comparing MTL vs MTL I suppose so I`ll butt out.

Being a RDA user I have some difficulty understanding how MTL and maximum flavour belong in the same sentence, it only makes sense when comparing MTL vs MTL I suppose so I`ll butt out.

much less air. you are basically puffing the pure vapour from the chamber through a tiny hole at each end. so maybe the flavour seems more intense and interesting?

Back
Top Bottom