What's new

How To Protank and evod rebuilding

I really want to have a go at this but my only concern is how to measure the ohms and check for shorts?? I don't have a battery that will measure resistance. Am I better off buying a Vamo style battery or buying a multimeter? I am not overly flush so the most cost effective solution would be best for me.

Thanks
DM

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Most cost effective would be ones of these I reckon ..

$10.45 Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter) - eGo/510/808 connector at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

£6 inc shipping from Fasttech, but might take a couple of weeks to arrive. Some UK based online vendors also have them, but most I've seen recently have been out of stock

Purchased!!

Ok...next question...and I know this is probably personal preference but what size kanthal wire should I go for? I currently use a standard 1.8ohm kanger coil, rewicked with cotton in both my mini protank and evod and I have 3.2 - 4.8 vv ego style batteries for both.

Any pointer would be great do I know what supplies I need.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I am much more interested in flavour than I am in making big clouds. I like a nice amount of vapour but I can live without the big clouds as long as flavour production is optimised.

Thanks

Purchased!!

Ok...next question...and I know this is probably personal preference but what size kanthal wire should I go for? I currently use a standard 1.8ohm kanger coil, rewicked with cotton in both my mini protank and evod and I have 3.2 - 4.8 vv ego style batteries for both.

Any pointer would be great do I know what supplies I need.

I don't know if this makes a difference but I am much more interested in flavour than I am in making big clouds. I like a nice amount of vapour but I can live without the big clouds as long as flavour production is optimised.

Thanks

I've been using 1.5ohm res/no-res wires from Stealthvape for my kangers.
Pre Made Resistance - No Resistance Wires x 50
they're ready made, so all you have to do is wrap the dark section around whatever you're using to form your coil. the res/no-res thing is to prevent the legs scorching the rubber part. a pack of 50 is a few quid (plus postage IIRC)

wick them with cotton and you just made your very own NV coil....sort of.

I've been using 1.5ohm res/no-res wires from Stealthvape for my kangers.
Pre Made Resistance - No Resistance Wires x 50
they're ready made, so all you have to do is wrap the dark section around whatever you're using to form your coil. the res/no-res thing is to prevent the legs scorching the rubber part. a pack of 50 is a few quid (plus postage IIRC)

wick them with cotton and you just made your very own NV coil....sort of.

Thank you so much, you really have helped loads.

DM

Please someone tell me this gets easier!!

Just built my first coil!! It works and it's the ohms I wanted but it is harsh on my throat and very low on vaper! What have I done wrong?

I used pre cut wire and a cotton wick (I have been rewicking my coils with cotton for a while now)

Help...don't want to fall at the first hurdle

Please someone tell me this gets easier!!

Just built my first coil!! It works and it's the ohms I wanted but it is harsh on my throat and very low on vaper! What have I done wrong?

I used pre cut wire and a cotton wick (I have been rewicking my coils with cotton for a while now)

Help...don't want to fall at the first hurdle

The first hurdle is the best one to fail at ... you learn from mistakes ...

what are you coiling ?

I like opportunities to improve

Kanger protank coil. I use them I. My protank and evod...

I like opportunities to improve

Kanger protank coil. I use them I. My protank and evod...

are you going the res/no res route? (if memory serves these have no res wire leading down from the coil through the rubber - i could be wrong) if Im right the wire may be heating the rubber too much if you are not using no res.

Its actually easier to rebuild a RBA or a dripper than these things IMO

Back
Top Bottom