What's new

21 year old dies of Coronavirus

It's being said that Covid-19 is on its second evolution already.
Scary shit for any age group. Shame for the young lassie though.

No "known" underlying health conditions, anyway. But maybe some people are just more susceptible to this virus than others - or genetically more likely for their immune system to go over the top and cause a fatality rather a recovery. Impossible to know....
Excellent, and valid comment. The press leave out the "known" bit, I wonder why.

It's being said that Covid-19 is on its second evolution already.
Scary shit for any age group. Shame for the young lassie though.
I'd steer shy of saying that, for now. Many people have unknown underlying health problems. But, for the record. China saw many in their 20 die, too. Truth is. Nobody is safe, and that's how we should all act.

It's unlikely a cure will come (watch some Peter Piot, that man knows his bacteria / viruses) and it will continue to spread, the only move we have is to taper (slow) the spread so the health care system can cope with the most vital/fatal cases. Think less about avoiding it and instead assume you already have it, and act in the interest of preventing spreading the virus.

This story about the 21 year old is very odd.

It got reported that she died of cv19.

But, it was subsequently reported in a few places:

Middleton was taken to Wexham Park hospital in Slough last weekend after she had a heart attack. Attempts to resuscitate her failed and she was pronounced dead soon after arriving… A Berkshire coroner said the death was related to Covid-19 after being told Middleton had a cough, the source said. But this surprised medics at the hospital, who have not recorded it as a coronavirus incident.

The Guardian article has been removed pending review.

So, which part is misinformation?

The health service is under alot of pressure, it's probably safe to assume that many issues otherwise typical will be suspected as corona now, as a natural consequence of people being on edge or a little bit paranoid. Either way, the semantics don't matter too much because it's likely more people have and are spreading the virus than figures can predict, which is why we all need to act pre-emptively.

Judgements and fatalities aside, China have managed things pretty well considering their massive population and density, although they have somewhat pre-emptively prepped for such a scenario.

its terrible news if it's true

but the newspapers are loving this I switch on my phone and its 50 updates all about the virus some are bizarre but the baseline is 80% of the population have a cold already just because its the end of winter, I have a cough from a cold Liz had a cold last month Alfie has a sniffle and terry is not croaking very well these days.

I read somewhere a person said there computer may have the virus as it told them it had updated its antivirus setting.........

Back
Top Bottom