What's new

Acid reflux/Gerd and nic salts

82khali

Postman
I thought I share my personal experience, I have been vaping for the past few years mainly mtl rtas.

I usually purchase concentrates now since a I am a seasoned vaper.

I went in to a local vape shop and picked up some 10mg nic salts.

Within days I started to have acid reflux or Gerd.

I tend to eat very healthy and I train around 4 days a week minimum.

I eat the same breakfast, lunch, dinner does differ.

I work quite a stressful job with lots of pressure.

For some reason when ever I go in to meetings I felt like vomiting like an anxiety attack and my stomach will feel bloated.

I started skipping breakfast and doing intermet fasting on days where I have a lot of appointments.

That used to mess up my performance as no caffeine or nicotine.

I already eat very clean, I thought ill opt out of having normal milk with coffee snd see if it helped unfortunately it didn't.

After a month of hell, and nearly quitting my profession of 23 years.

Mrs booked an appointment at the docs, the doctors said it's anxiety.

I said how do you explain when I only have less than 200ml of water I get bloated.

He requested a stool sample which I provided they couldn't find anything.

Eventually, I thought well diet is spot on and it's clean, I eat pretty much gluten free I don't touch processed meats, fats or sugars.

I cut out the nic salts for 48 hours and thank god problem has gone.

No more nausea, stomach gurgling and feeling like crap.

I love nic salts and I don't wish to impact anyones business, I know this is a rare case and only a few out of a 100 may encounter it.

I thought I share my experience to save someone else trying out all sort of medicines.

I thought I share my personal experience, I have been vaping for the past few years mainly mtl rtas.

I usually purchase concentrates now since a I am a seasoned vaper.

I went in to a local vape shop and picked up some 10mg nic salts.

Within days I started to have acid reflux or Gerd.

I tend to eat very healthy and I train around 4 days a week minimum.

I eat the same breakfast, lunch, dinner does differ.

I work quite a stressful job with lots of pressure.

For some reason when ever I go in to meetings I felt like vomiting like an anxiety attack and my stomach will feel bloated.

I started skipping breakfast and doing intermet fasting on days where I have a lot of appointments.

That used to mess up my performance as no caffeine or nicotine.

I already eat very clean, I thought ill opt out of having normal milk with coffee snd see if it helped unfortunately it didn't.

After a month of hell, and nearly quitting my profession of 23 years.

Mrs booked an appointment at the docs, the doctors said it's anxiety.

I said how do you explain when I only have less than 200ml of water I get bloated.

He requested a stool sample which I provided they couldn't find anything.

Eventually, I thought well diet is spot on and it's clean, I eat pretty much gluten free I don't touch processed meats, fats or sugars.

I cut out the nic salts for 48 hours and thank god problem has gone.

No more nausea, stomach gurgling and feeling like crap.

I love nic salts and I don't wish to impact anyones business, I know this is a rare case and only a few out of a 100 may encounter it.

I thought I share my experience to save someone else trying out all sort of medicines.
I cant vape em either - make me cough and feel like shite

Nic salts don't agree with me either. Don't have an extreme reaction like you though.

Nic salts make me cough.
Bit surprised - given your lifestyle and being careful what you eat etc etc - that you didn’t make the connection a lot sooner though. Especially as it all started within a couple of days.

Nic salts make me cough.
Bit surprised - given your lifestyle and being careful what you eat etc etc - that you didn’t make the connection a lot sooner though. Especially as it all started within a couple of days.

I thought It was the stress of working 6 days a week 8-11 hours a day. Some brands more than others trigger it more for me.

I am a chain vaper and I always have two rta's on the go.

It doesn't seem to affect a lot of people which is good.

I don't really like nic salts either. They don't feel very satisfying to vape, to me. They also seem to have a weird edge to them... kind of like a dry, tanniney vibe. Just slightly, to the point where I feel like I might be making it up.

I have a friend who can't do freebase, but can only do salts. He reckons freebase over 6mg gives him almost instant piles :)

I don't see how it's possible, but he's a proper brainbox and not prone to embellishments, so I have to take it at face value.

Generally I don't have any kind of problem vaping nic salts - but that changes instantly if I somehow manage to screw up the wicking - the slightest spitting will make me bilious and have a very rough stomach. Luckily I've found 50/50 will still wick well enough in Kayfun Lites and Dvarws (pretty much all I use for MTL) when I pack the wick so there's no chance of spitback. I've screwed it up twice in the last 4 years and it made me feel like hammered shit - there won't be a 3rd time. It is that bad.

Not having any problems with nic salts myself afaik, I do have sympathy for your reactions :(

While on holidays, I used 10mg salts a good deal, and it didn’t seem to bother me. However, there is no question that they are a bit different in how they affect you. They come on really strong, as salts are absorbed into the bloodstream quicker. Perhaps this shock to the system is causing the stomach problems? :hmm: I also suspect they are broken down quicker, as well, since I was craving more often than usual.

Due to my dislike for throat-hit, I almost always vape 6mg, with 50:50 salts to freebase, and this suits me just fine :14: And it steeps better than pure salts. My health issues have made my visits to the loo a bit unpredictable; I may be able to use salts to my advantage… Going to pick up some 20mg and test it out :18:

giphy.gif

Thank you all for the feedback.

I though I share my personal experience incase someone out there was going through the same.

The toilet trips and the nausea usually dissapears after 24-48 hours.

I don't have much left I'll give it to my brother who seems fine with them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom