What's new

Am I really missing out with stock tank?

Jd_ You need to remember that those of us in the EU can only buy liquids up to 20mg strength. I don’t know where the OP is from but for anyone reading within the U.K. at least, the strongest nic salt liquids you can buy are 20mg, freebase nic it’s 18mg.
Interstingly @Leni it’s defo legal to make 20mg freebase - but traditionally 18 was made and it’s stuck - I often wonder if there is a market in 20mg freebase

in all likelyness tho it’s probably not different enough to 18 to bother

Last edited:
Interstingly @Leni it’s defo legal time make 20mg freebase - but traditionally 18 was made and it’s stuck - I often wonder if there is a market in 20mg freebase

in all likelyness tho it’s probably not different enough to 18 to bother

Yeah, I hadn’t really thought about it tbh - that you don’t see 20mg freebase liquids, whereas nearly all nic salts come in 20mg (& lower). I started out with 15mg liquids, I guess it stems from when liquids used to go up in 3mg increments. Nic salts have never used the same convention.

Last edited:
Yes, i understand what you all are saying, i thought u could just add a nic shot to whatever you bought to increase it, but whatever.

The reason i told him to do it that way is because it guarantees that no matter how much you try to smoke, it will never satisfy the nicotine cravings your vape will give you, practically guarantees quitting. I tried for 10 years doing it the right way and quit overnight doing it the 'wrong' way.

But i hear your concerns, and like u said, u managed to. I didnt even have to try tho, it happened on its own.

Its not as bad as it sounds either, once i seperated myself from cigs, dropping down the nicotine was very easy. I can vape 6 mg juice now and its indistinguishable from 36mg (other than 36mg will sometimes seem like too much)

But again, i understand what you are saying. He's an adult with the choice to take up the most deadly habit on the planet, now hes an adult choosing to quit. The way he was trying wasn't working, I gave him another method that worked for me and it didnt kill me (and i actually do have health issues like high blood pressure and a family history of heart attacks and stuff)

And im more of a mtl guy too btw, i dont see the purpose of dtl at all, i just find a thicker vapor to be more satisfying, just not directly implanted into my lungs.

Now hes got a choice, n im leaving the discussion

Yeah, i dont know who comes up with those lists, you need to be at least at 24 mg unless u extremely motivated (i.e. being forced to quit) go to 24 mg, if thats too harsh, take a few hits, wait a few minutes then take a cpl light hits, then gradually deeper hits (it should go away after a few minutes). if u just cant take it go down to 18. If not stay there or go up to 36mg and do the same thing. If it wasnt too harsh to begin with, go up to 36 mg also and do the same thing, take a few hits, it'll almost definitely be harsh, wait a few minutes then take a few light hits then a few deeper hits and than you should be fine, if not drop back down to 24 mg...try to power thru for a cpl weeks even if u still want to smoke, it will take that long for your brain to get used to not engaging in the actions related to smoking.

If you feel like its all too harsh and never gets better after a few hits, then switch to nic salts, u can use them in a subohm tank, u just have to pay a little more attention to what u r doing, they have a lower boiling point. They do have a different absorption 'profile' for lack of a better term, but it mimicks cigarettes very close, so you would be vaping the same regularity as u would be smoking.
thanks for sharing, but.
Looks like the Nicotine levels, needed by smokers turning to vaping, are far from consistent. I don't recognise this, at all, guy.

Yeah I can't imagine the kick you get with the 40 & 60mg nic salt liquids you get from abroad but In fairness they're aimed at low output mini pods.
20mg nic salt has plenty of poke and comparable to the strongest Nicaragua cigars I'd sometimes partake in.
I've seen a few heavy smokers through the switch with the 20mg salts but usually quickly head down to the 12mg freebase as the flavour is better.
Often too high a nic level is as bad as not enough. You end up vaping only occasionally due to feeling nic sic and the comfort of the routine of the draw is disrupted leading to cravings.

thanks for sharing, but.
Looks like the Nicotine levels, needed by smokers turning to vaping, are far from consistent. I don't recognise this, at all, guy.
Not a problem man, those were just my two sense, educate yourself, listen to as many opinions as you can get from ppl who successfully quit, listen to your body, and be willing to do whatever it takes to quit cigarettes because your life literally depends on it

Sorry raptor, thought that was the op

Its possible cigarettes them selves are stronger in the us. I know that the tobacco companies here replace the nicotine in cig with stronger freebase nicotine then add ammonia to make it less harsh. I basically used their trick to addict us against them

Yeah I can't imagine the kick you get with the 40 & 60mg nic salt liquids you get from abroad but In fairness they're aimed at low output mini pods.
20mg nic salt has plenty of poke and comparable to the strongest Nicaragua cigars I'd sometimes partake in.
I've seen a few heavy smokers through the switch with the 20mg salts but usually quickly head down to the 12mg freebase as the flavour is better.
Often too high a nic level is as bad as not enough. You end up vaping only occasionally due to feeling nic sic and the comfort of the routine of the draw is disrupted leading to cravings.
My buddies like that, he cant imagine going above 18mg, his wife, who smokes 4 packs a day even finds my juice too strong. Everynow n then tho, someone unfortunate like me comes along who needs to use a bazooka to kill what most ppl can kill with a bb gun.

Im gonna say one last thing actually, i debated for a while whether i should post what i said because i knew i was going to have 'more experienced vapers' react to it like some did, but, u know what, when it comes to actually successfully quitting, i feel that im as qualified as anyone because i did.

And id rather have all of u hate me than lose a guy back to cigs like i lost my 4 pack a day friend back to cigs because her doctor told her vaping was bad, and since obviously he knows more than i do, so she wouldnt listen to me

Im gonna say one last thing actually, i debated for a while whether i should post what i said because i knew i was going to have 'more experienced vapers' react to it like some did, but, u know what, when it comes to actually successfully quitting, i feel that im as qualified as anyone because i did.

And id rather have all of u hate me than lose a guy back to cigs like i lost my 4 pack a day friend back to cigs because her doctor told her vaping was bad, and since obviously he knows more than i do, so she wouldnt listen to me
No one hates you

whatever works is whatever works in my book

vaping in the US is very different from here in my experience (both red about and on a US visit)

before US style vaping came to the U.K. - vaping was a much more low key affair - more likely to be practised by older bearded men in pubs than snap back wearing hipsters.
Nothing wrong in that - but it is a different kinda scene - or at least was.

Back
Top Bottom