What's new

Am I really missing out with stock tank?

My partner has like myself, been vaping for years, and all she uses is a stock coil tank. She was on the Nautilus for so many years I can't remember, but finally upgraded to the zentith tank late last year. Now you must remember that in my office at home there are rtas, wire, cotton etc in abundance and I will always give her a vape of any new rta I am using and I will always get the same reply "that's nice but I am happy with what I got", which is basically one tank and one mod. She has not smoked for around 7 years and loves vaping.
I on the other hand will buy any new mtl tank that comes out and happy to build etc. So I guess what I am saying is, yes I think you are missing out, but that's not saying you have to build to enjoy.

Sorry, I should have specified. I smoke MTL, tried DTL and it's not for me. I'll give the ares a try.
Many thanks to all that chipped in.
One last thing, from me anyway, if the reason u r asking this is because u just quit cigs and dont think vaping is gonna cut it, up your nicotine level...WAY up if you have to, go all the way up to 36mg or higher, 60mg nic salt even To some it sounds redicoulously high, but it isnt, it wont kill u, and is way less harmful than smoking and vaping at the same time. Thats what it took for me to finally ditch cigs for good. If you get nauseous or start clenching your teeth, thats when you have maxxed out n just back off a bit. Just put the vape down for a bit and the feeling will go away

I am indeed smoking three cigs a day, you make a very good point trying to increase the nic level. I'll give that a try as well.

I am indeed smoking three cigs a day, you make a very good point trying to increase the nic level. I'll give that a try as well.
I was editing my post when u responded, if u do start feeling like that, just put the vape down for a bit, the feeling will go away, if u have any kind of heart condition tho, obviously be more careful nic=stimulant, but its not like yer smokin meth

Last edited:
I am using only freebase at the moment, as when I started I didn't even know about nic salts.
Reading online it suggested to go with 12mg if you were a 20 cig a day smoker, so I stuck with that.
I am using all sort of liquid brands (vampire, Manabush, druid, dinner lady) but I tend to enjoy more tobacco flavours, with the occasional Heisenberg or lemon pie from vampire vape.

Not sure how nic salts would differ in terms of throat hit, but I am vaping very often (maybe 500 puffs a day?) And I read that NIC salt eventually can somehow satisfy you at the point that you don't want to vape for hours anymore, which I wouldn't like

I am using only freebase at the moment, as when I started I didn't even know about nic salts.
Reading online it suggested to go with 12mg if you were a 20 cig a day smoker, so I stuck with that.
I am using all sort of liquid brands (vampire, Manabush, druid, dinner lady) but I tend to enjoy more tobacco flavours, with the occasional Heisenberg or lemon pie from vampire vape.

Not sure how nic salts would differ in terms of throat hit, but I am vaping very often (maybe 500 puffs a day?) And I read that NIC salt eventually can somehow satisfy you at the point that you don't want to vape for hours anymore, which I wouldn't like
In terms of throat hit salts are much smoother so if it's throat hit you want then that won't help. You could try bumping the nic level up to 18mg in the freebase liquids you like and see if that helps.

Sure I wll give that a try, I think I will also probably end up buying the RTA tank out of curiosity :) but you have all been great help!

Hello all,
I am pretty new to all this, but in enjoying it a lot. I have recently moved from a pen style vape to a kroma r + zlide and have been loving it so far.
Tried quite a few juices already (vampire vape, druid, dinner lady, the latter is too sweet for me, and I have some Manabush coming into the post).
I tried quite a few coils, and so far I am enjoying vaping with the 1.2 ohm, I can't taste anything with the 1.6 and anything below 1 ohm doesn't give me a throat hit.
I have now watched quite a few videos about the new Ares 2, and rta in general, and what I thought was complicated (wicking, creating coils) seems easy enough, also I could eventually buy the coils if I'm not good at making them.
There are, however, some things that I still don't understand, such as:
How do I understand what wattage to use on self made coils? How long do they last? How can I clean them? How much more juice they consume compared to a stock tank? Are they really far superior as the web makes them sound like? Would you move up so soon being a beginner?

I know they are a lot of questions, but even a small answer with some links to read would be appreciated ;)
Many thanks
This is the point Vaping goes from a pleasurable alternative to smoking, to being a hobby. Something I found helped me kick stinkies, for good.
If it's "for you", and you'll know fairly quickly, And it opens a whole new vista of equipment, techniques and pure satisfaction.
You asked for links to read. Can I suggest you may well be better doing POTV forum searches and the putting any questions, you have, in a thread here.

Sure I wll give that a try, I think I will also probably end up buying the RTA tank out of curiosity :) but you have all been great help!
It's scary at first but soon becomes second nature and you'll wonder why it all seemed so daunting. The talk on coils and wicking makes it all seem like alchemy but to be honest first off you'll get some coils included in a tank like the innokin rta so you've just got to fit them and put some wick through.
thanks are generally so much easier to build now too.
Whatever you buy, let us know and I'm sure someone will put a picture of a build up, or point you to an excellent YouTube vodeo.
your nic level seems fine for the amount you smoked, its even say you may want to step down to 6mg shortly (I find the balance is to feel like your getting enough nicotine without using stupid amounts of liquid)

Back
Top Bottom