What's new

Am I really missing out with stock tank?

Sorry, I should have specified. I smoke MTL, tried DTL and it's not for me. I'll give the ares a try.
Many thanks to all that chipped in.

No need to... you posted in the MTL subforum, most of us knew that without you saying anything. ;)

FWIW I am a relative newbie and I started looking at rebuildables out of curiosity. For all the reasons you and others stated above.

I haven't looked back since. My stock coil tanks pretty much sit there unused.

I agree that the Ares 2 would be a good starting point. I found the Ares 1 one of the easier builds when I started. And it sounds like the second version fixes a lot of problems with the first incarnation.

I am using only freebase at the moment, as when I started I didn't even know about nic salts.
Reading online it suggested to go with 12mg if you were a 20 cig a day smoker, so I stuck with that.
I am using all sort of liquid brands (vampire, Manabush, druid, dinner lady) but I tend to enjoy more tobacco flavours, with the occasional Heisenberg or lemon pie from vampire vape.

Not sure how nic salts would differ in terms of throat hit, but I am vaping very often (maybe 500 puffs a day?) And I read that NIC salt eventually can somehow satisfy you at the point that you don't want to vape for hours anymore, which I wouldn't like
Yeah, i dont know who comes up with those lists, you need to be at least at 24 mg unless u extremely motivated (i.e. being forced to quit) go to 24 mg, if thats too harsh, take a few hits, wait a few minutes then take a cpl light hits, then gradually deeper hits (it should go away after a few minutes). if u just cant take it go down to 18. If not stay there or go up to 36mg and do the same thing. If it wasnt too harsh to begin with, go up to 36 mg also and do the same thing, take a few hits, it'll almost definitely be harsh, wait a few minutes then take a few light hits then a few deeper hits and than you should be fine, if not drop back down to 24 mg...try to power thru for a cpl weeks even if u still want to smoke, it will take that long for your brain to get used to not engaging in the actions related to smoking.

If you feel like its all too harsh and never gets better after a few hits, then switch to nic salts, u can use them in a subohm tank, u just have to pay a little more attention to what u r doing, they have a lower boiling point. They do have a different absorption 'profile' for lack of a better term, but it mimicks cigarettes very close, so you would be vaping the same regularity as u would be smoking.

I am using only freebase at the moment, as when I started I didn't even know about nic salts.
Reading online it suggested to go with 12mg if you were a 20 cig a day smoker, so I stuck with that.
I am using all sort of liquid brands (vampire, Manabush, druid, dinner lady) but I tend to enjoy more tobacco flavours, with the occasional Heisenberg or lemon pie from vampire vape.

Not sure how nic salts would differ in terms of throat hit, but I am vaping very often (maybe 500 puffs a day?) And I read that NIC salt eventually can somehow satisfy you at the point that you don't want to vape for hours anymore, which I wouldn't like
Also, after about a month or two of not smoking cigs, u will notice that even if u bum one off a friend, all of a sudden they no longer taste good, all of a sudden u really notice the smell, and all of a sudden u wish u hadnt bummed it even because it wasnt worth having to change your clothes to get rid of the stench.

THATS when you start to drop down the nic levels if u want, and possibly experiment with flavors other than tobacco. Just stick with tobacco for now, its what u want anyway.

If u can make it thu those first 2 or 3 weeks, yer golden and quitting for good is almost a given. This is coming from a 30 year smoker with no will power constantly surrounded by cigs) trust me, if i can u can

Oh yeah, if at anytime vaping those levels u start to feel queasy or clenching your teeth, remember what i said before, just put the vape down for a while, yer at your max level. Either vape less or drop down one level.

One last thing, if yer zlide has one of those ridiculous garden hose size drip tips, get a 510 adapter and a regular or slightly wide 510 tip (not a super tight one, itll probably make a subohm tank get too hot) it makes a big difference

Yeah, i dont know who comes up with those lists, you need to be at least at 24 mg unless u extremely motivated (i.e. being forced to quit) go to 24 mg, if thats too harsh....

Jd_ You need to remember that those of us in the EU can only buy liquids up to 20mg strength. I don’t know where the OP is from but for anyone reading within the U.K. at least, the strongest nic salt liquids you can buy are 20mg, freebase nic it’s 18mg.

One last thing, if yer zlide has one of those ridiculous garden hose size drip tips, get a 510 adapter and a regular or slightly wide 510 tip (not a super tight one, itll probably make a subohm tank get too hot) it makes a big difference
The Zlide does have a 510 drip tip and I reckon it's a very nice one too. The Zlide is an MTL tank not a sub-ohm tank so if he likes MTL then he's doing just fine.

Yeah, i dont know who comes up with those lists, you need to be at least at 24 mg unless u extremely motivated (i.e. being forced to quit) go to 24 mg

I gave up a 30+ year habit with 12mg as did many others... I don't think your generalisations are really that helpful. Do you even MTL vape? It doesn't sound like from your previous post about tanks and coils you like. So maybe leave to to those who do MTL to offer advice huh?

Yeah, i dont know who comes up with those lists, you need to be at least at 24 mg unless u extremely motivated (i.e. being forced to quit) go to 24 mg, if thats too harsh, take a few hits, wait a few minutes then take a cpl light hits, then gradually deeper hits (it should go away after a few minutes). if u just cant take it go down to 18. If not stay there or go up to 36mg and do the same thing. If it wasnt too harsh to begin with, go up to 36 mg also and do the same thing, take a few hits, it'll almost definitely be harsh, wait a few minutes then take a few light hits then a few deeper hits and than you should be fine, if not drop back down to 24 mg...try to power thru for a cpl weeks even if u still want to smoke, it will take that long for your brain to get used to not engaging in the actions related to smoking.

If you feel like its all too harsh and never gets better after a few hits, then switch to nic salts, u can use them in a subohm tank, u just have to pay a little more attention to what u r doing, they have a lower boiling point. They do have a different absorption 'profile' for lack of a better term, but it mimicks cigarettes very close, so you would be vaping the same regularity as u would be smoking.
@Jd_ 24mg is not legal in the U.K. to buy in shops or online (unless you mix your own of course

IMO 18mg is plenty tho

Back
Top Bottom