What's new

Assurance appreciated

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks
1f642.png
:)
I'm afraid I am going to have to ask a question that is no doubt at best, an example of my naivety, or at worst, my sheer stupidity
1f641.png
:( However, working on the theory that there is no such thing as a Stupid Question.............
I have a Rat Rev4B~40 which I recently acquired and absolutely adore
1f642.png
There is ONE thing however that has been driving me crazy, I have asked two dear friends and they assure me that there is nothing wrong, but nagging doubts are still there, so I thought I had better throw myself at your mercy and beg your assistance
1f642.png
Whenever I remove the Boro, I have the very devil of a job getting a connection when I re fit it. Constant "Check Atomiser" warnings. It takes countless removal and refitting of the 510 to eventually get everything right and the BB Firing as it should. To clarify, it is an authentic Boro, it is a Vapeshell and I now discover that it is a Flush 510. Obviously these problems render using any form of Plug as a non starter. I have tried swapping the Boro with my Wife's authentic one, same issue. However, mine works in her BB straight off. She is using an integrated Drip Tip, so I have been meaning to try her 510, but have not got around to it yet. My main concern is that the Positive Post within the aperture for the Boro, "seems" really low, like Flush? Carol's BB is a "Clear" so seeing inside is rather easier and I swear her Positive Pin is very "slightly" more prominent? I have added a picture but the quality isn't great I apologise.
Any thoughts and observations are appreciated.
1f642.png

I can only think that you are not getting a metal to metal direct connection through the 510 and bridge....could be an o ring, blocking the connection... maybe to tight.....have you tried different bridges and 510 nut, take the nut off Carols....or as you mention an integrated tip?

As you probably know, I'm far from an expert so just throwing ideas around.

Do you have one of the sxk coil tools to test the connection consistency without the boro?

I'm guessing the positive pin is fine and that your flush 510 nut is too short meaning you have to tighten it down very hard to make a connection.

That pin certainly looks too low to me, only two options for a fix spring to mind, modify the bore in you boro tank to allow the coil to push down further or fit a silicone o-ring into the pin connection bore.

If it was me I would be trying the 2nd option and sealing it while it's stripped.

Just tried Carol's authentic 510 and instant success. So from that one concludes that the Flush 510 is actually just a hair too short for a Vapeshell. It worked fine on the Exocet.
Hey Ho........... Good thing there's a huge market for Flush 510s then :)
What with am Integrated Tip that I find too short and slightly too wide a bore.......... and an Integrated Tip for a Rev3........ This has really Been "The BB tat kept on giving!"
Every penny raised via sales of "The Bits" that came with it has knocked the price I paid out down to about £95 for an authentic !!!!!!

Just tried Carol's authentic 510 and instant success. So from that one concludes that the Flush 510 is actually just a hair too short for a Vapeshell. It worked fine on the Exocet.
Hey Ho........... Good thing there's a huge market for Flush 510s then :)
What with am Integrated Tip that I find too short and slightly too wide a bore.......... and an Integrated Tip for a Rev3........ This has really Been "The BB tat kept on giving!"
Every penny raised via sales of "The Bits" that came with it has knocked the price I paid out down to about £95 for an authentic !!!!!!
So is this Rev3 the BBC's new sunday night drama,i'm hooked already.Good job's my hairs alreay grey.

Back
Top Bottom