What's new

Bitter PG...?

Bucket

Postman
Hi there,

I'm just trying to find out why my mixes are not tasting as I'd expect...

I'm going through every element - PG by itself, VG by itself, PG/VG together, PG/VG and nic together...

I've just tried my PG from Lubrisolve and it tastes pretty bitter, is this normal? When I vape it it doesn't taste bitter, maybe slightly sweet.

Actually, on the inhale it's slightly bitter on the tongue, then pretty much flavourless and very slightly sweet on the exhale.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sorry, how do you mean...?

I'm just tasting and vaping VG and PG by themselves and I'm about to try a VG/PG/Nic mix...

My recipes aren't coming out as I think they should, so I'm just trying to see if any base elements are at fault.

Thanks.

So it's not a mix you have tried already and works?
Can you post details of your mix percentages including concentrates brand?
There maybe a simple error.

It's just that any mix is never that great...

I did this one - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/202670

But used DX Sweet Cream instead. It's had a 5 week steep, still tastes chemically, tastes a bit crap...

I did another 3 RY4D type ones, they all taste pretty similar. They all taste really chemically...

The only great mix I've done is RY-Whore, and that is not really a mix, as such...

I find with tpa you need to leave them open for a few hours once first mixed or vent them when theyve rested for a while to let any chemical elements vapour away.
You could try this now by ensuring they're settled then in screw the lid off and vent the air out before replacing and shaking up.
Keep repeating till the chemical taste goes.

Try the list on here linked below there are some very good ones.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/e-liquid-recipes/

Cheers @StrawberryRipple...

Almost forgot my original question though...

Does PG taste bitter?

Just trying to pin down what the problem is... (hopefully it's me).

I vaped just PG, just VG, and then PG/VG and nic together and it all tasted pretty plain, maybe a sweet kind of flavour from the VG but nothing really sticking out when I vaped PG/VG and nic separately or together... definitely not peppery.

Problem is I'll do a standalone mix of, say, Inawera Biscuit (@3%) and I'm not getting any biscuit flavour... Surely I should get something tasting remotely of biscuit...? Or does it really take a long steep to bring out the flavour?

I suppose I'm dubious of how steeping can miraculously change the flavour of a juice when my Custard King still tastes a bit crap after 5+ weeks...

Thanks for any help.

Tbh I use the recommended mix percentages as a very very rough guide.
I would presume 3% is part of a recipie and a stand alone biscuit even from inawera who are quite strong would be nearer 12-18%.
I often end up with well over 20% overall total flavour.

Ok, thanks...

I was looking at eliquidrecipes.com and following their rough guide for standalone or mixing percentages...

You're not the first person to mention upping the percentage... I'm around 7-12% at the moment on my mixes, I'll try upping it a bit. I've just been reading so many people saying to cut down the percentages, which has made me a bit cautious!

But, does PG actually taste bitter? I get my PG/VG from Lubrisolve - my old batch tasted bitter, tasted the new stuff and it tastes the same, I'm presuming this is normal?

Thanks.

No it shouldn't taste bitter.
The expert mixers know how create a blend with the least amount of each flavour blended all together first.
That way the overall amount needed can be less than I would use.
An example would be I may mix banana and custard at 10% each but refining it over time you maybe able to reduce the amount of custard by say 2% and with less custard masking the banana the banana may also be able to be reduced but the overall flavour strength may remain the same.
This us what's meant when folks may say one flavour competes with another.

Back
Top Bottom