What's new

Coil Wrapping

LordOdin

Veteran
I have used Steam Engine for quite a while now for coil wrapping but this a baffled me. I put the Wire Type in (Nickel 200) the Gauge (28 awg) Coil Diametre (2.5) and Legs at 5mm. On Kanthal or SS it usually says 6 or 7 Wraps for a 1.0 ohm Coil. With Nickel 200 i get the following.

phKbC6Rh.png

aye, it has much lower resistance. you can only use it for TC (you prob already know that).

aye, it has much lower resistance. you can only use it for TC (you prob already know that).

I was expecting more wraps , but not 84 lol. Yeah it is for TC and i knew it was Lower Resistence. So how do you calculate say a 7 Wrap Ni200 Coil ?

I think you first need to see how low your mod will allow you to fire at, put that resistance in Steam Engine and go from there. Personally I wouldn't worry about the low resistance, particularly if the chipset you're using allows you to manually set the initial Wattage as well as the Temperature.

I was expecting more wraps , but not 84 lol. Yeah it is for TC and i knew it was Lower Resistence. So how do you calculate say a 7 Wrap Ni200 Coil ?

What are you trying to calculate? You just do 7 wraps... the resistance doesn't really matter because you are using TC not wattage.

You have the target resistance at 1ohm, that's not going to happen. I can't even get a 1ohm coil with SS (mine come out around 0.6-0.7)

I don't think you will have enough deck for that number of wraps; there must be some error.

Nickel 200 is supposed to be used in SubΩ devices since it is easier to curve the temp control.

Back
Top Bottom