What's new

Coil Wrapping

There isn't an error.

If you're used to using high reststance Kanthal wire in MTL mode you'll probably be vaping at around the 1 ohm mark. But cold Ni200 has approximately a tenth of the resistance than the equivalent Kanthal gauge.

Just accept that you will be vaping at a much lower resistance and let the chipset do the thinking. You're obviously not going to be using a mech mod for a TC vape so there is no safety issue.

As @Simon G said - forget 1 ohms as the coil will have to be fcn huge. I''ve noticed a few comments in the past of habitual TC Vapers vaping XX wrap coils with 0.1 resistances and they haven't had any issues.

Try for a 0.1 resistance build instead of 1, you control the temperature and wattage so nothing is likely to go wrong

If doing pure TC with a decent mod, just aim for six or seven wraps and go try it, all this fretting over resistance is pointless, NiFe goes just about as low, doesn't matter, just get enough meat on the coil for the mod to sense the resistance change.

There isn't an error.

If you're used to using high reststance Kanthal wire in MTL mode you'll probably be vaping at around the 1 ohm mark. But cold Ni200 has approximately a tenth of the resistance than the equivalent Kanthal gauge.

Just accept that you will be vaping at a much lower resistance and let the chipset do the thinking. You're obviously not going to be using a mech mod for a TC vape so there is no safety issue.

As @Simon G said - forget 1 ohms as the coil will have to be fcn huge. I''ve noticed a few comments in the past of habitual TC Vapers vaping XX wrap coils with 0.1 resistances and they haven't had any issues.

Try for a 0.1 resistance build instead of 1, you control the temperature and wattage so nothing is likely to go wrong

I must admit the ONLY time I've ever calculated anything was when I had a couple of little mechs with 18350's in because I knew I had to be careful. Never bothered with a regulated mod, build the coil to the deck size/screw spacing/air slot hole has always been my approach.

Thanks for the replies guys. The last couple of times i used 28 gauge with 7 Wraps and it was ok, this time i thought i would check the resistence just to see and was just shocked by what i saw. I generally use DNA Mods when vaping TC. I still do what i was advised by another ape to do, i fit the Coil. Never Dry Fire it, Wick it and soak the Cotton, then give it a quick test fire and put the Tank together and fill. It vaped ok in fact it was pretty nice though i couldn't remember the resistence hence Steam Engine.

Also I would say 1 ohm is too high for TC. You really should be looking at 0.5ohm or there about.

Back
Top Bottom