What's new

Cotton King cotton

Cottonmouth

Postman
Anyone tried this shit ? Yeah I say shit because I actually mean it!

I've always used Cotton Bacon V2 purely because it was the first cotton I bought for my rebuildables but I've never considered myself fussy about it since cottons cotton right ? Wrong!

About a month ago I noticed I was running low on the trusty bacon and I was out and about at a local shopping centre here in Oxford that has 2 vape shops. Went into the first one and asked for some cotton bacon and the bloke kindly told me they were out of cotton entirely, as in all sorts of cotton... If you as a vape shop run out of cotton then you've failed hard as a business in my eyes. Thats like fucking Screwfix running out of screws! A sandwich shop running out of sandwiches! Homebase running out of... homes ? ( ok that last one made no sense but you get the idea. )

Anyway, I thought no problems of it and proceeded to vape shop number 2 and the kind female person in the shop sold me a pack of Cotton King cotton as it was the only packet they had... seriously, it was the only piece of cotton they had. "ok sod it! its cotton I'll take it!" and now thanks to me they were out of cotton as well.

Fast forward to yesterday. I went out and got myself a Vandy Vape Bonza which I'm totally loving btw and after coiling it I took my pack of Cotton King and started working on my wicks. The packet is exactly the same as Cotton Bacon, just different colour scheme and graphics and the stuff itself even pulls out in similar lumps but thats pretty much where the similarities end.

If you like to "scottish roll" your wicks then stay the hell away from this stuff! You know how sometimes when you start pulling Cotton Bacon apart to make your wick, it tends to have a few compressed strands that are a bugger to pull apart ? Well this crap excels at it! Its like compressed cotton city here! This cotton is really difficult to work with. Its like all the strands are tightly compressed to a point where you might just as well not bother rolling a wick and just cram it into the coil.

My first build on the Bonza I made had plenty of flavour but the vape tasted dry for the lack of a better term which to me immediately suggested too much cotton. I reduced the amount of cotton and it got a bit better but it still tasted a bit dry so I further reduced it and I've finally got a flavoursome and delightfully moist vape but it dry hits pretty quick as I had to go easy on the amount of wick due to all the compressed strands of cotton in this stuff. Something that never really happened with Cotton Bacon.

As a cherry on top... I visited the same shop a few days prior from buying my Bonza to buy a bottle of liquid to try out. They had a bloke at the tills who tried to push extra sales by trying to sell me wire and cotton. I told him that I was sorted for wire and I still had my packet of Cotton King which the female employee sold me a few weeks ago to which he said "oh yea I try not to order that anymore as its not the best..." No shit sherlock!

I'm tempted to name and shame the 2 vape shops but I'm not really into that and I'm sure there's a thread for it somewhere else on the forums but from now on I think I'll just order my cotton online which is exactly what I did as this morning I order some of the new Cotton Bacon Prime from the Crazy Wire Co. Can't see it being worse than this Cotton King crap.

Got your own bad cotton stories ? share here! I would have posted this in the reviews section but I guess my post count is a bit low for that or something. In any case I just wanted to warn fellow vapers of this. If you had good experiences with Cotton King, please do share. It could just be that I had a bad batch.

"If you as a vape shop run out of cotton then you've failed hard as a business in my eyes."

You as a vaper ran out of cotton?

Get yourself some of this stuff ;)

https://www.fynemods.co.uk/store/p466/FyneMods__FyneCotton__the_Ultimate_wicking_material_.html

Much better than CB

I’ve got these on their way from FT, will report back how good/bad they are.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/7662400

https://www.fasttech.com/p/7614900

By far the best cotton I’ve had was “The General” from Vapor Royalty but I can’t find it anywhere for sale. Wasn’t cheap, around 7 quid a tin but it was really good stuff ;)

I'll boomark those thanks.

Thought I'd drop a quick update on this. My Cotton Bacon Prime came and I must say I'm liking it so far. I didn't have many issues with the original Cotton Bacon V2 but this new Prime version is definately easier to separate the strands and it absorbs nicely meaning you can still get a flavoursome vape without a dry hit even when the cotton is starting to go white.

iam always trying different cottons ive just ordered a pack of cotton candy never used it before so i thought i would give that a try but i always seem to go back to good old cotton bacon..

Hi BULLDOG1964 i am using cotton candy and am finding it very good. I have only just got into building so i have not really got any experience with how cotton affects my vaping. Just bought a pack of CB Prime and i dont notice any difference vaping with that but someone with more experience may be able to tell a different story. Be interested to see what your thoughts are with Cotton Candy

Hi BULLDOG1964 i am using cotton candy and am finding it very good. I have only just got into building so i have not really got any experience with how cotton affects my vaping. Just bought a pack of CB Prime and i dont notice any difference vaping with that but someone with more experience may be able to tell a different story. Be interested to see what your thoughts are with Cotton Candy
i will post on here when i get it and try it so will get back to you soon..

Hi just to let you no how iam getting on with the cotton candy cotton well i must say iam just loving it i find it very easy to work with holds my juice well and does not seem break in the coils its so much better than cotton bacon v2 i like it so much that i have just ordered another pack so that should keep me going for a while...

Glad to hear it Bulldog1964 I like it and find it easy to work with, glad there is someone else i dont think it gets much of a mention on here.

Back
Top Bottom