What's new

Cthulhu Artemis

@Simon G gets post of the year for me. My favourite bit:
it's #2 in my favourite tanks ever, I should know what the fucking deck looks like

upload_2021-7-29_17-10-18.png

It can be a pain, it's the biggest 'con' by far .. if not the only one. .. and I do wish it was different. I found the 'secret' was to do the bit's you don't want to unscrew up really tight, then lube the filling cap o-ring really well and not over tighten. It's got a point now where I'm ok 99% of the time. ... until I do want to unscrew the bits I did up really tight. :D

Tried to do that but the airflow ring is so tight, it just keeps moving other shit about, no matter how hard I tighten it. I almost had to get the pliers out. The airflow rings on the hastur mini's are not the easiest to adjust either tbh. But I rarely need to. And this has the extra variable of the reverse threading thingy.

Fuck it I'll stop moaning I'll get used to it.

I got a pandora bell cap at the same time and that is awesome.

Tried to do that but the airflow ring is so tight, it just keeps moving other shit about, no matter how hard I tighten it. I almost had to get the pliers out. The airflow rings on the hastur mini's are not the easiest to adjust either tbh. But I rarely need to. And this has the extra variable of the reverse threading thingy.

Fuck it I'll stop moaning I'll get used to it.

I got a pandora bell cap at the same time and that is awesome.

Nah, have a good moan... get it off your chest. It works for me. ;)

My afc is very loose though, I can see how it being tight would cause more issues. Hopefully it will loosen off, if not just pull it off and lube that up too.

Nah, have a good moan... get it off your chest. It works for me. ;)

My afc is very loose though, I can see how it being tight would cause more issues. Hopefully it will loosen off, if not just pull it off and lube that up too.
I did try but it didn't seem to want to come off. I'll have to try harder.

Tried a few goes on the mulan btw, with a longer coil and keeping the cotton well away from the airhole. The first time I did it, It still seemed to get down there - how, I have no fucking clue. Kept taking the cap off to inspect it. (Perhaps - in hindsight - it had been there from the time before). But I kept trying and it does seem better so going to fuck about with and monitor that one.

I did try but it didn't seem to want to come off. I'll have to try harder.

Tried a few goes on the mulan btw, with a longer coil and keeping the cotton well away from the airhole. The first time I did it, It still seemed to get down there - how, I have no fucking clue. Kept taking the cap off to inspect it. (Perhaps - in hindsight - it had been there from the time before). But I kept trying and it does seem better so going to fuck about with and monitor that one.

yeah that doesn't sound right, mine's very easy to pull off... maybe a bit too easy if I'm honest. I wonder if your o-ring got damaged when it was put together and it's binding it up? I would defo take a look at that.

good luck with the mulan too. :)

yeah that doesn't sound right, mine's very easy to pull off... maybe a bit too easy if I'm honest. I wonder if your o-ring got damaged when it was put together and it's binding it up? I would defo take a look at that.

good luck with the mulan too. :)

My AFC was the same at first - really stiff, until I removed it and put it back (didn’t even lube it), totally smooth now.
I can forgive it it’s quirks tbh, it’s that good IMO. Funny how much tastes can vary, I think it’s *way* ahead of the Pandora, but I suspect a lot of people would disagree. I’d put the Neeko above the Panny as well.

My AFC was the same at first - really stiff, until I removed it and put it back (didn’t even lube it), totally smooth now.
I can forgive it it’s quirks tbh, it’s that good IMO. Funny how much tastes can vary, I think it’s *way* ahead of the Pandora, but I suspect a lot of people would disagree. I’d put the Neeko above the Panny as well.
Ok, I'll give that a go, next time I've got the patience to deal with it.

Would you put it above the hastur mini too? Because to me the vape seems pretty much identical, but the hastur mini wins on design (looks and ease of use). Unless you're after the additional airflow options it offers, I don't see what the benefit is really.

So subjective and so many variables, it's hard to nail anything down. But I can't stop myself from trying. :bliss:

Interesting

I went from the Hastur Mini to the Pandora - and much prefer the pandora (though I do like the Mini too)

reading this .. think ill give the Artemis a miss .. its kinda ugly anyway ... why does an atomiser need a hat ?

Interesting

I went from the Hastur Mini to the Pandora - and much prefer the pandora (though I do like the Mini too)

reading this .. think ill give the Artemis a miss .. its kinda ugly anyway ... why does an atomiser need a hat ?
It was designed for those vapers North of Oxford. Keeps the rain out.

Interesting

I think you'd enjoy the vape from the pioneer but the possibility of a leak would do your head in. The Pandora is that perfect balance of flavour and robust function.

Back
Top Bottom