What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Proof .... if proof were needed. It's an SJMY DDP One at $16.46

https://www.fasttech.com/products/6405100

I just paid and went for free postage. No choice of shipping, no discussion.

P1170174.JPG

I think fasttech themselves are behind all this. They know their sales will double or even triple once it catches on and people start playing customs charge bingo.

I've also recently been slapped with a £3 VAT and £8 handling fee for a shipment of less than £15 of goods from FastTech. The problem seems to be down to FastTech overvaluing the order on the customs declaration. In this case they declared it as 190 HKD - around £19 - for some reason.

I fear that my current order with a value of just £11 will also incur an £11 fee as tracking shows it has been stuck in LANGLEY HWDC for a few days - the only time this happened before was when I was charged VAT.

Now that I've read this thread I plan to put a hold on all future orders at FastTech to raise a ticket to ask them to declare the true value of my order. But this is a bit of a palaver, adding a further day to the processing of each order.

I think we should all complain to FastTech about their practice of overvaluing small orders, especially now the low value of the £ means that shipments declared at $20 will attract VAT and handling fees. It would be better for everyone if FastTech put down the true value or, if they want to declare a single price for all small orders, that they made it less than the equivalent of £15.

Its very odd practice what they are doing - all of my last 3 orders over past few weeks - sub $20 have been marked at the right price from what I could see so randomisation here. All epacket if any difference.

Out of curiosity though does it flag up at all if making many multiple purchases as I do want to order another rta even though have one coming today but have had like 3 turn up in last 2 weeks. I am sure there is people out there that order more lol

Back
Top Bottom