What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I just got my packet and it was not stopped. Fasttech order over $20 usd marked at $20 shipped epacket. I had coils, a mod, two glass bubbles and a backup dwavr in it so was not small or light. Looks to be random. Not much help to those that have been hit with VAT.

This has become like some weird game of Russian Roulette. I almost want to order something from FT just to see if I get lucky :18:

This has become like some weird game of Russian Roulette. I almost want to order something from FT just to see if I get lucky :18:
@Leni
I know the feeling, want to put an order in for about 23 USD and don't want to get stung. Think I'm going to hold fire for now.

I got one through today!!! But it was only
200 bits of nr r nr wire on freebie shipping that I ordered about3 years ago.

I don't understand what folk are getting confused about. Nothing has changed at Fasttech, and nothing has changed at Customs.
Customs can only pick a sample of packages, and if your package is valued at over £15 and it gets picked out, you get charges. This is the way it has always been.
Fasttech marked packages over £15 at $20 to stop us getting charged. $20 used to be well under £15, but the £ has collapsed in value since the Brexit vote, so $20 is now more than £15.
When you order from FT now, put your order on hold and ask them to declare the value as $15.
Packages under $20 get marked as their true value.

I don't understand what folk are getting confused about. Nothing has changed at Fasttech, and nothing has changed at Customs.
Customs can only pick a sample of packages, and if your package is valued at over £15 and it gets picked out, you get charges. This is the way it has always been.
Fasttech marked packages over £15 at $20 to stop us getting charged. $20 used to be well under £15, but the £ has collapsed in value since the Brexit vote, so $20 is now more than £15.
When you order from FT now, put your order on hold and ask them to declare the value as $15.
Packages under $20 get marked as their true value.
That's right and the proper procedure for ordering now is:
place an order
pay
put the order on hold(important)
raise a ticket with the value declaration
that's it

Back
Top Bottom