What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

It got through ok, they put down the correct price$12.20

I’ll update of the next one gets through @$29!

I've just been caught too (package declared at $20). I opened a ticket with FT and the original shipping charges were $9.52 (about £7.50)...as an opening to negotiations I've said I'll allow it to be returned and I'll pay for it to be resent cos if it comes to it I can wait (and I'm a cheapskate :D )

I paid the charges for my parcel and approached FT from a bit different angle. I was full of understanding they are not responsible for customs but long wait and extra charges were inconvenient. 5USD refund.

I think the best approach to take would be that fasttech have declared the wrong value on the package, this has incurred inappropriate customs charge, is entirely their fault and that you won’t be paying the charge or collecting the package, but rather allowing it to be returned and submitting a paypal claim.

I think the best approach to take would be that fasttech have declared the wrong value on the package, this has incurred inappropriate customs charge, is entirely their fault and that you won’t be paying the charge or collecting the package, but rather allowing it to be returned and submitting a paypal claim.
I don't think that would work. If FT declared the correct value there would still be customs charges.
The only way round it now is for folk to ask FT to put a value of $15 on future orders.

But aren’t some of the complaints that the value was actually less than the $20 fast tech declared?

If the actual value is more than the $20, then it would appear the complainers will just need to lump it.

I never buy anything costing more than a fiver or so from fasttech these days, and usually go for the free shipping anyway so it’s all irrelevant to me.

But aren’t some of the complaints that the value was actually less than the $20 fast tech declared?

If the actual value is more than the $20, then it would appear the complainers will just need to lump it.
Anything over was declared as $20. Anything under was declared at true value.

Mines been shipped and I think declared as $20 (crappy picture but looks like a 20) so it’s a gamble if I get hit, true value was $28. Can’t really moan it’s the risk we take and I think we’ve all had a good run!

Will be interesting to see what happens with my $30 order from 3F!

Mines been shipped and I think declared as $20 (crappy picture but looks like a 20) so it’s a gamble if I get hit, true value was $28. Can’t really moan it’s the risk we take and I think we’ve all had a good run!

Will be interesting to see what happens with my $30 order from 3F!

How come you didn't message them asking for $15 on the shipping label?

Back
Top Bottom