What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Wasn’t thinking last night but I’ve opened a ticket for the 2nd order and asked for the $15 shipping.

I’ll probably get hit on the 1st package

Has anyone had their package actually opened? or are they just putting duty on the declared value? my last one was excessive for the value £0.46 over and customs duty was £3.06, I can only assume it's full duty on £15.46 (20%)
(I could be a few pence out as I can't be arsed to look at my order and Paypal)

Has anyone had their package actually opened? or are they just putting duty on the declared value? my last one was excessive for the value £0.46 over and customs duty was £3.06, I can only assume it's full duty on £15.46 (20%)

Yeah, they just work it from the declared value

It's VAT though ... not customs duty.

I don't think they are actually allowed to open people's mail unless they have a good reason to ..... drugs or something.

as i got caught last week i have now tried e package see if that gets through first time i have used the e package usually go for the free standard shipping

Oh well! FT sent the 2nd package out at $20 even after opening a ticket as soon as I paid.

Both coming through UK Epacket, I’ll update if I get hit or not.

Has anyone been hit with the other China sites like 3F & Heaven gifts etc?

Back
Top Bottom