What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I don't understand what folk are getting confused about. Nothing has changed at Fasttech, and nothing has changed at Customs.
Customs can only pick a sample of packages, and if your package is valued at over £15 and it gets picked out, you get charges. This is the way it has always been.
Fasttech marked packages over £15 at $20 to stop us getting charged. $20 used to be well under £15, but the £ has collapsed in value since the Brexit vote, so $20 is now more than £15.
When you order from FT now, put your order on hold and ask them to declare the value as $15.
Packages under $20 get marked as their true value.
Except they don't. I was one of those stoopid enough to be tempted to order something 'just to see'. Needed another DDP One clone so ordered one, it's about $16. Arrived today ..... marked at $20 ...... :banghead:

Luckily it made it through this time ....... but it's a fecking pain in the 'arris ......... :12:

@SirLugg for info. :10:

Except they don't. I was one of those stoopid enough to be tempted to order something 'just to see'. Needed another DDP One clone so ordered one, it's about $16. Arrived today ..... marked at $20 ...... :banghead:

Luckily it made it through this time ....... but it's a fecking pain in the 'arris ......... :12:

I've had 3 parcels since this thread was started all marked at their correct price .... so they do, but just not in all cases it seems.

I've ordered from FT yesterday. $21.83 worth of stuff (the closest purposeful amount I could get over the magic $20 threshold).
Shipped today. Marked at $17.70.

What. The. Actual. Fuck? *crazy*

I had a trillium clone arrive this morning marked up at $15.80 but I only paid £6 for it. Slightly confused but still made it here without additional charge.

May be an automated system spitting out the labels.

With values set between presets of say $10 and $20.

If customs saw 100 parcels all for $15.93 they'd get suspicious so vary the "cost"

I've ordered from FT yesterday. $21.83 worth of stuff (the closest purposeful amount I could get over the magic $20 threshold).
Shipped today. Marked at $17.70.

What. The. Actual. Fuck? *crazy*

They mark that at $17.70 or did you ask them? I'm guessing not

May be an automated system spitting out the labels.

With values set between presets of say $10 and $20.

If customs saw 100 parcels all for $15.93 they'd get suspicious so vary the "cost"

Yeah totally.
But then they send a boatload through at $20....which could be why they've been pryed into in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom