What's new

Did you go out today?

I went out panic buying, past the mad supermarkets with crazy queues, into empty charity shops to buy paperbacks, I aint not reading for no one and I was almost out of books.

Only to get my flu jab at the doctors.
Got enough beer til tomorrow. :)

You need enough beer until next year, sod the flu jab, get the beer in! I need to get some in, about 3 days supply left :doh:

Boris should ban booze then some folks would stay in more. Anyone with problems can go to their local hospital and get treatment. I have a friend who has been in to dry out sadly he won't leave the lager alone, but he manages to get by. The second he drinks spirits he's a mess and has to go in hospital, heard he has scorsis of the liver.
Thursday in was in Gozo having a goodbye meal at my mates Bar. When the police and Civid police came in. There had been a ban on food places serving booze with meals, the police came in to tell him he must remove all the optics, wine out the fridge in the bar as well as all cans and bottles or face a ten thousand Euro fine. I think this should be applied here. I feel it would be fairer if you could order some booze on a supermarket home delivary but it should be limited to so many units a week.

I went out panic buying, past the mad supermarkets with crazy queues, into empty charity shops to buy paperbacks, I aint not reading for no one and I was almost out of books

I have a Kindle from my days of working abroad.
But I still am working my way through clearing out my mum's bungalow, there must be about three hundred books in there.
So if I want I can just pop up there, and pick a few up, probably last me for a six month lockdown.

You need enough beer until next year, sod the flu jab, get the beer in! I need to get some in, about 3 days supply left :doh:

Cider should be okay, you struggled to get it in the supermarkets last time, but at my corner shop if the Scrumpy Jack stock gets low he tells his shelf stacker not put put any on display so that it is reserved for me. :)

I have a Kindle from my days of working abroad.
But I still am working my way through clearing out my mum's bungalow, there must be about three hundred books in there.
So if I want I can just pop up there, and pick a few up, probably last me for a six month lockdown.

Cider should be okay, you struggled to get it in the supermarkets last time, but at my corner shop if the Scrumpy Jack stock gets low he tells his shelf stacker not put put any on display so that it is reserved for me. :)

Have you not heard
Drinking at home to be banned til further notice :11:

Boris should ban booze then some folks would stay in more. Anyone with problems can go to their local hospital and get treatment. I have a friend who has been in to dry out sadly he won't leave the lager alone, but he manages to get by. The second he drinks spirits he's a mess and has to go in hospital, heard he has scorsis of the liver.
Thursday in was in Gozo having a goodbye meal at my mates Bar. When the police and Civid police came in. There had been a ban on food places serving booze with meals, the police came in to tell him he must remove all the optics, wine out the fridge in the bar as well as all cans and bottles or face a ten thousand Euro fine. I think this should be applied here. I feel it would be fairer if you could order some booze on a supermarket home delivary but it should be limited to so many units a week.

So are you saying that if we had banned alcohol back in March that Covid would have been eliminated by now ?
Home brew kits to be banned as well ?
Order some booze from a supermarket on home delivery, who then pays the delivery charge, the government ? or maybe you would ?
Impossible to control anyway, say they limit home delivery to one 24 pack per week, all you need to do is have Tesco deliver one on Monday, Sainsbury one on Tuesday, Asda one on Wednesday, Iceland one on Thursday, Waitrose one on Friday, Morrisons one on Saturday, and Ocado one on Sunday. So that gives you 168 cans a week !
Then again, as I was an engineer, have worked in a brewery, and have a rudimentary knowledge of the raw materials, and distillation process I could start producing moonshine, or white lightning. :)
Brilliant idea, I hope we never find a vaccine, a few years of this, and I could be a millionaire from a bootlegging empire.
Coincidentally I watched a series of programmes last week on how prohibition destroyed the USA for decades.

I feel sorry for your friend who has Liver damage, but what has happened to him should not have a bearing on other peoples lives, or pleasures.
I also feel sorry for one of my brother inlaws who died last month, he was an alcoholic, and only 40 years old.
I myself have been a heavy drinker for many years, and also have Chronic Liver Disease, and several other Chronic illnesses for which I was hospitalised for three months some years ago, and could not walk well enough to leave my house for a further three months.
Has this stopped me from enjoying a few drinks, hell no I have a few cans at home, and visit my local pub three, or four times a week. :)

Everyone has their own opinion of course, mine is that Covid would have been controlled more effectively if we had banned travel to any country from last March until present, and the forseeable future, but of course you would not have like that because it would have curtailed your jollies to Gozo.
Strange that your mate over there that runs a restaurant / bar did not remove all the booze from his establishment given the rules there, or was he still serving his mates on the sly................

Last edited:
Wouldn't joke about it if I were you.
Word on the grapevine is that that is Sturgeons next plan for you lot up there................:18:

No drink in Scotland
That wouldn't do her independence drive any good LOL
Next you will be telling me they are banning deep fried pickles.

No drink in Scotland
That wouldn't do her independence drive any good LOL
Next you will be telling me they are banning deep fried pickles.

Not pickles, just Haggis. and Sporrans.
New medical evidence points to those rather than bats for causing the virus in the first place.

Apparently China, and Trump are going to jointly sue Scotland over it................:18:

Back
Top Bottom