What's new

Did you go out today?

Was from Brinkburn Street Brewery in Newcastle. Cost me £37.50 in total Inc delivery for the 10L. Went for their beer Hop Gremlin which I absolutely love and it's a nice 5.6% hence the hangover!

Nice, but a headbanger, gonna look that beer up right now.

Edit: Ok, an IPA, I'm a dark beer chap but a decent pale ale or IPA is fine as well. I really like Marstons Old Empire, as it goes.

I've read and heard people are speeding atm, merely due to be able to do so, was you tempted, did you stick to the speed limits? it's weird whats going on, despite all the bad and sad news there is always some light in the dark.

Not me. I just got down from 9 points to 6 points about 2 weeks ago, so am trying to be good right now. The big Volvo has the very intelligent sped limiter set and only overridden a little bit.

The bikes on the other hand.....

Nice, but a headbanger, gonna look that beer up right now.

Edit: Ok, an IPA, I'm a dark beer chap but a decent pale ale or IPA is fine as well. I really like Marstons Old Empire, as it goes.

Well Hop Gremlin isn't a million miles away from Old Empire in terms of taste, a touch hoppier but Old Empire is a damn good beer. I tend towards pale beers but I love a good porter now and again.

now you would have thought I would put the peddle to the metal in the vapesmarter van but the next big spend for panic buyers will be fuel IMO so I tootled along but I was a rebel I didn't indicate a couple of times and I didn't dip my lights

there is a lot more roadkill though so if you fancy a squished bunny I'm your man

I think in a normal panic buying situation, you would be right about the fuel.
With the surplus in the market at the moment, I think we will all be ok for fuel.
Still a good idea to use it carefully though. Fewer trips to the petrol station means fewer human contacts, or contacts with stuff other folk are touching.

Luckily, I have one of these, identical actually, tricky on the back though, at least I can get some exercise without going out

Indoor-Cycling-Bike.jpg

30 mile round trip (on motorbike) to get stuff to one of my daughters and my grandson, plus her partner, who lost his job, before the retention scheme, now on shitty universal credit, they're rather fucked right now. Tank bag and panniers job, food from my freezer and some medications, plus other bits and bobs. Worth the risk, a valid trip, yes or no?

30 mile round trip (on motorbike) to get stuff to one of my daughters and my grandson, plus her partner, who lost his job, before the retention scheme, now on shitty universal credit, they're rather fucked right now. Tank bag and panniers job, food from my freezer and some medications, plus other bits and bobs. Worth the risk, a valid trip, yes or no?

If someone needs food or meds then it is valid.

As long as you didn’t give them all a big hug and a sloppy kiss on the cheek.

Back
Top Bottom