What's new

DNA75 Horizontal & Vertical Button Configuration

Mr Ripple

Legend
Okay this is strange.
I've dismantled a VT75 as intended to repurpose the board but after opening it I've realised they've actually piggyback the vertical board onto the horizontal one.
This could work out better for me as I've been after a Vertical configuration board to put in a Zero Mini with a failed down button.

Anyone come across this before and if so is there anything I need to know before I try and separate them?

20210730_104508.jpg
20210730_104440.jpg
20210730_104434.jpg
20210730_104431.jpg
20210730_104416.jpg
20210730_104406.jpg

I imagine the extra board is basically just wired in to the external button connections that the DNA boards have, if you get the datasheet from the evolv website it will show you where they are and what they do.

It shouldn't affect the DNA board if you remove it IMO, I doubt there are any components on the add on board other than the buttons.

Saying that, I just noticed the USB connector on the front PCB, that might prove to be a bitch to separate.

My question is... WHY??

Seems like a massive waste of time and resources to just change the orientation of two buttons

I imagine the extra board is basically just wired in to the external button connections that the DNA boards have, if you get the datasheet from the evolv website it will show you where they are and what they do.

It shouldn't affect the DNA board if you remove it IMO, I doubt there are any components on the add on board other than the buttons.

Saying that, I just noticed the USB connector on the front PCB, that might prove to be a bitch to separate.

My question is... WHY??

Seems like a massive waste of time and resources to just change the orientation of two buttons
Thank you.
I've cut the mounts for now and both boards have a usb on them so no problem there.
I've just ordered a 75 mounting board as the screen is not fixable to the board so i think im good to go.

Thank you.
I've cut the mounts for now and both boards have a usb on them so no problem there.
I've just ordered a 75 mounting board as the screen is not fixable to the board so i think im good to go.
I just thought the USB might be wired in somehow which would have made it a challenge to separate maybe.

Stealthvape do mount kits that hold the screen if that helps.

@StrawberryRipple good luck with the Zero with the DNA75 board, I want a DNA60 board to replace the board in my SXK brass nebula. The SXK chip works but discharges batteries while idle so it must be on the way out. Fingers crossed for you mate.

They done the same sort of thing in the rdna dna30/40 by vaporshark and don't think you can separate them and use the 75 board on its own the way you want too could be wrong though

They done the same sort of thing in the rdna dna30/40 by vaporshark and don't think you can separate them and use the 75 board on its own the way you want too could be wrong though
Had me worried then so thought I'd better put a negative on there and test it.

20210730_201225.jpg

Had me worried then so thought I'd better put a negative on there and test it.

View attachment 251850

plug it into a USB it will light up don't hold a battery to it you won't for long if the board is fried as the battery will vent in seconds quicker than you can let it go for

the top board pictures you show had a jumper board it was used in a few mods some even plugged into the USB in the dna75 it was a stop-gap before the dna75c came along proper pain in the arse to sort when the jumper board fried

edit

I forgot the reason why did they do this? it was down to the button configuration the DNA 75 layout being horizontal would stick out the side of the case, the vertical is centered clever yes? well I expect no I think nobody guessed when they purchased 100k boards that the button layout was wrong but hey they could have called the mod the scrotum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom