What's new

Do Different flavors have different wattages? Is TFV18 the biggest tank you can get?

Phoenixhamza

So i have an Arcfox, with MAX WATTAGE at 230W With a TFV18 TANK. My DUAL MESHED coil says OHM 0.15, With a recommendation of ''best at 100W to 110W''
Both my liquids are PG/VG 50/50. with 3mg NIC. I have a tobacco vanilla flavor and a mango strawberry flavor.

My question is; Do different flavors work best at different wattages?
The reason I'm asking this is because when i was vaping the fruity liquid, it wasn't harsh at all, but when i vape my tobacco flavor, its harsh as hell no matter what wattage i put it on.

Also, why would it being doing that if they both have the same vg/pg and 3mg NIC? Is it due to the flavors? or company?
What's up with my vape reaching 230W, if my coil recommends 100W to 110W?
Is TFV18 the biggest TANK i can get? Because that's what the guy at the vape store, and you tube videos told me?
Why does it go up till 230W? Isn't that a little excessive if the coil recommends 100W to 110W? And if TFV18 is the biggest tank and the coil only goes till 100W to 110W, what's the point of the 230W
The way i prime my coil is, i take the tank apart, drain all the old liquid, Clean the tank with a cloth and Q tips. Then i screw in the new coil, and put the tank back together. After that i screw the tank into my MOD, and fill the tank with liquid. Then I prime the coil by dropping in 3 drops from the top of the tank. I wait half an hour just to make sure its fully saturated. Do i start with a low wattage and work my way up? or do just stay in the recommended range. The guy at the vape store was saying something about not going under 80W, don't remember the reason he gave me.

I'm really confused, and google search's and search's on forums aren't helping.

Im not that ''new'' to vaporing, i just don't understand all the abbreviations, so if you guys can tell me what you mean by half the stuff you say. LOL

PHOENIX

Many knowledgeable folk recommend starting off at a wattage below the recommended range with a new coil to break it in and then setting it to what suits you. I'm not a dtl vaper but I don't know of a coil that runs at 230w so any mod that can deliver that level of power is overkill but it doesn't matter just run it at a level that suits your coil. As to e-liquids I'd say 50/50 wouldn't be the best ratio for 100w, 70/30 would be far better. I don't vape fruit e-liquid so no help there but imo tobacco is not suited to those sort of wattages.

Think the dual mesh coils on the TFV16 go up to 160 watts, pretty sure I've seen 200 watt coils before on another tank but can't remember what it was, if you use rebuildable devices you can build to get close to 200 watts fairly easily so the mods just allow for that. Wouldn't worry too much about sticking as much power through as possible, more power doesn't necessarily mean better flavour.

50/50 juice will be a bit harsher than 70vg/30pg juices, especially at the higher wattages on the TFV coils. Certain flavours will also be harsher than others, generally I find citrus/tobacco flavours to be particularly harsh for example and creamy flavours to be smooth, it can/will vary depending on what flavour concentrates the juice maker has used.

And yup just start low, if you start too low where you get no Vaper you can flood the coils which can cause spitting/a leak but it's not that big of a deal.

*Different types of nicotine also have different levels of harshness/throat hit. Most people that vape low mg liquids direct to lung will use freebase nicotine which tends to have more throat hit than Nicotine salts which are designed more for mouth to lung high mg users (it varys person to person though some people don't get on well with nicotine salts). So if you wanted a vape with very low throat hit for direct to lung vaping, you can buy 0mg shortfill e-liquid and then add a nicotine salt shot to it.

Last edited:
Ye, tobacco above ~30W is generally not a good experience and 50/50 above 35W is also not braw. Higher power usually prefers higher VG liquid.

Stock coil tank nae idea. Rebeuildable tank, well I have a 30ml one.... For reasons...

Many of us have mods that are capable of 200+ watts but rarely if ever will we ever vape at anything so high, dual battery mods enable us to go for longer periods without charging the batteries, which also has the benefit of prolonging effective battery life in theory.
TPD is a directive that brought certain limitations to vaping products, one of them being that the volume of liquid that an atty con hold be limited to 2ml. There are accessories such as chimney extensions, bubble glass etc that you can buy to increase the volume you can hold.
I dont vape tobaccos but there are plenty on the forum that do and I`m sure someone will be along shortly to help you out.
Nicotine especially freebase (the one in most popular use) can irritate your throat at high heat (wattage) so many vapers choose to reduce their nic intake to 2/3 mg.There is a prduct called nicotine salt which is also an extract of tobacco that has less of an irritating effect at higher wattage and is claimed to deliver a nic hit quicker, many e liquid producers are adapting some of their juices to include nic salts to cater for those vapers who desire a higher nic content, you can buy nic salt shots separately to increase the nic level of your juice, I personally wouldn`t add salts to a liquid containing freebase nic but I may be being over cautious.
The 30/70 ratio refers to the amounts of pg and vg in a liquid, vg is thicker than pg and it is generally accepted that the thicker juice works better for low resistance (higher heat) coils. Ithink it`s also generally accepted that the pg portion of the juice is more flavoursome and the vg portion is more for vapour production (clouds). There used to be a time when the pg ratio was given first then the vg ratio but I`m not sure that holds any longer.

Hi @Phoenixhamza and welcome to the planet.

Put it this way, my car has a limiter of 155mph but would i ever push it to that (cough cough, maybe once but id never do it again).
So just like vape you go by what the coil can handle and not what the mod can go upto.
Ive got at least 35 mods that can go upto 220watts but im quite happy vaping at 50watts all day long even if some of my coils state max 120w. still plenty of cloud and flavour.

50/50 juice is designed for mouth to lung at much lower wattage. average 10-20w
vg creates the clouds while pg gives the throat hit and flavour.
you should really be using 70vg juice in most if not all sub ohm tanks especially at high wattage.

using a Q tip is not a great idea as small particles can break off and then you end up inhaling them.
i wash mine out with warm water. shake dry and fill up or leave to self dry for an hour. in 8 years ive never had any issue with left over water in the tank.

you want a coil that can suposedly handle 285watts or how about 315watts, then eat ya heart out at these https://spinfuel.com/best-high-wattage-sub-ohm-tanks/
but personally i would not recommend it as we dont need any more horror stories hitting the papers.

sounds like you are priming the coil wrong.
new coil drip juice on all the cotton around the coil and a few drops down the top to the cotton wrapped around the coils inside. fill up and start low. 20-25watts is my recommendation. you wont get any cloud or flavour but the coil is still heating up, this is the bedding in process. turn up a watt every puff until you reach your desired sweet spot.

vape abbreviations https://vapinghardware.com/vaping-glossary-a-z-vaping-terms/

Last edited:
Some flavours can seem better at slightly higher or lower wattages but there is no ideal wattage for juices, in reality it is just personal preference. I have vaped almost a full bottle of a Rainbow Soda flavour at 60 Watts and though it was OK but nothing special, later I accidentally pocket adjusted the mod, took a hit without noticing the wattage was now 75 Watts or so and the improvement was amazing. Flavours that were previously muted were no prominent. Whenever I see that juice I buy it and vape it at 70 to 80 Watts instead of my usual 60. Unfortunately bumping up the Wattage doesn't work on everything and some flavours can be worse at higher temperatures.

Your problem with the Tobacco flavour could be that Tobacco flavour is notoriously difficult to get right. There are a lot of bloody awful ones out there. The only good ones all seem to be designed for MTL vaping, unfortunately you can't really use them in your tank. I only vape fruits/sodas/deserts so I don't know if there are any good DTL tobacco flavours out there, but others may be able to help

One reason your mod can hit much higher power levels than you need is that it can be used with ANY tank that has a 510 connection and some can run at very high power. One thing to consider is just because a mod can claim 200 Watts or more - it isn't compulsory to use it. Drive a car normally and it will last years, red line it constantly and it will wear prematurely and absolutely swill fuel - similar rules can apply.

Back
Top Bottom