What's new

Do you use certain tanks for certain juices?

joe o sullivan

Initiate
I'm just curious how people use their different tanks..
Do you, for example, use mesh tanks, such as the Unity, for certain types of juices? For example desserts?
And then use plain single wire coils for others, such as menthol or minty?
And use your largest tanks for your favourite juice, etc?

I'm pretty new to collecting rta tanks, but at the moment I'm using:
the Unity for deserts,
the Juggerknot for fruity juices, mixed with some tobacco flavours,
the Zeus Dual for CBD,
the Espresso22 for experimental and cool and minty flavours.

It all seems to be working for me, except I find the Unity is maybe a bit overpowering for desserts. So I just take a few hits every now and again..

This just happened to be the way it worked out for me, when new juices, and tanks, arrived around the same time, but I might change it up soon once I get a feel for each of them.

How do you do it? Any particular order?

I’m fairly new to this as well but have noticed that certain flavours just don’t work on certain tanks. My favourite coffee flavours for example, just fail on my Zeus X but custards and deserts are ok. Alternatively the coffees (and just about everything else) work fine on my Unity RTA and loop 1.5 RDA. Interested to read other people’s thoughts on this as well.

I’m fairly new to this as well but have noticed that certain flavours just don’t work on certain tanks. My favourite coffee flavours for example, just fail on my Zeus X but custards and deserts are ok. Alternatively the coffees (and just about everything else) work fine on my Unity RTA and loop 1.5 RDA. Interested to read other people’s thoughts on this as well.

Yea, my first ever rta build was on the Zeus Dual a few weeks ago. I probably messed up the cotton a bit by not using enough, but it was all a total disaster!
I used a Rhubarb & Custard which I'd never tasted before, and it was out of date, and mostly flavourless, must have been a dud bottle, and I think the coils that came with the Zeus also had a tangy taste to them. It was all a hot, tasteless, spitting, gurgling mess!
It was weird, the juice also seemed to suck the flavour from every other juice I tried to mix with it. I thought the problem was the tank, and my building skills for a while, then I thought it was the cotton..
Probably not a good idea to use a new juice with a new tank and a new batch of cotton and unknown coils when you're a beginner!

I've only tried one coffee flavour so far, an Italian Cappuccino, and I absolutely hated it, it was way too overpowering, and I love my coffee..

One device for everything, I've never ran multiple setups at once. They get a rinse between flavour swaps and dry burns, now and again they'll get a bath in washing up liquid.

One device for everything, I've never ran multiple setups at once. They get a rinse between flavour swaps and dry burns, now and again they'll get a bath in washing up liquid.

Ah right, that's interesting. Do you only have one setup, or do you only use one at a time?
And, do you have a bunch of go-to flavours that you like?
And how about if you don't like a flavour, do you vape it for a while in case you get a taste for it, or does it go in the bin?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just wondering because sometimes it takes me a while to get to like a flavour, and I generally don't like minty or menthol "cool" flavours, but I find that I sometimes I'm in the mood for a quick vape of it, so it's handy to have one lying around, already a tank.

Ah right, that's interesting. Do you only have one setup, or do you only use one at a time?
And, do you have a bunch of go-to flavours that you like?
And how about if you don't like a flavour, do you vape it for a while in case you get a taste for it, or does it go in the bin?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just wondering because sometimes it takes me a while to get to like a flavour, and I generally don't like minty or menthol "cool" flavours, but I find that I sometimes I'm in the mood for a quick vape of it, so it's handy to have one lying around, already a tank.

No worries, I used to switch between setups, but only using one at a time. Now I stick with the one which is a billet box, but I have two boros, one set for restricted direct lung and the other mouth to lung, depending on my mood. The boro's are tanks essentially that go inside the billet box.

I know right away if I like a liquid or not, but will vape it regardless as to not waste money, unless it is absolutely disgusting.

I generally like fruity vapes for restricted direct lung and tobacco types for mouth to lung. Koolada is quite nice sometimes, it gives me satisfaction even when I can no longer taste the juice, rather than feeling like I'm just inhaling warm air.

I'm almost exactly opposite to that.

I have a bunch of devices on the go, all loaded with the same (unflavoured) juice :18:

No worries, I used to switch between setups, but only using one at a time. Now I stick with the one which is a billet box, but I have two boros, one set for restricted direct lung and the other mouth to lung, depending on my mood. The boro's are tanks essentially that go inside the billet box.

I know right away if I like a liquid or not, but will vape it regardless as to not waste money, unless it is absolutely disgusting.

I generally like fruity vapes for restricted direct lung and tobacco types for mouth to lung. Koolada is quite nice sometimes, it gives me satisfaction even when I can no longer taste the juice, rather than feeling like I'm just inhaling warm air.

Ah right, nice one. There's some things here that I've never heard of. .
Time for some googling, which may well end up with the credit card coming out... :sinister:

My original idea was to take up vaping to quit smoking and save money.
Then it was to buy an rta to save more even money.
Then it was to buy more rtas because "reasons"..

I'm almost exactly opposite to that.

I have a bunch of devices on the go, all loaded with the same (unflavoured) juice :18:

Unflavoured? I guess a flavour ban won't affect you at all so then!
My first few days of vaping was exclusively nic shots as it's all my local shop had at the time. It was enough to keep me off the cigarettes anyway..

Definitely different set ups for different juices. Coil type, temp/power makes a big difference imo. You have to play about to find the right settings.

Back
Top Bottom