What's new

EFVI not allowed at Vapefest 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then, time for my twopenneth. So far I've kept out of this thread because I can't believe how unreasonable the organisers of vf have been and I'm not sure I can control what I say and besides everything I could say has been said already in a much more eloquent way than I could manage.

However as regards the disgusting treatment that KMS has been subjected to I will say this. I have the utmost respect for all the mods and members on this forum, after all if it hadn't been for you lot I would have been back on the fags a long time ago, yet here I am 13 months later. Having said all that the person I hold in the highest regard is KMS. You have been like a mother to us all, keeping us all in check (when we felt the need to get carried away), encouraging us when we feel low and most important of all for fighting the good fight when we all felt the fight was lost. Anybody who threatens KMS threatens us all. just like any other dysfunctional family we will stand together and protect what we have.

So chin up KMS, don't let the bastards get you down and take comfort in the knowledge that we all love you.

Rant over.

Right then, time for my twopenneth. So far I've kept out of this thread because I can't believe how unreasonable the organisers of vf have been and I'm not sure I can control what I say and besides everything I could say has been said already in a much more eloquent way than I could manage.

However as regards the disgusting treatment that KMS has been subjected to I will say this. I have the utmost respect for all the mods and members on this forum, after all if it hadn't been for you lot I would have been back on the fags a long time ago, yet here I am 13 months later. Having said all that the person I hold in the highest regard is KMS. You have been like a mother to us all, keeping us all in check (when we felt the need to get carried away), encouraging us when we feel low and most important of all for fighting the good fight when we all felt the fight was lost. Anybody who threatens KMS threatens us all. just like any other dysfunctional family we will stand together and protect what we have.

So chin up KMS, don't let the bastards get you down and take comfort in the knowledge that we all love you.

Rant over.

Thank you so much for that :lovesign: this place never ceases to amaze me and I take my part in it being very small and down to mostly you guys, so I am always blown away when someone says such nice things. I still question "Are you really talking about me?" Pssh :P I love you guys!

Wow! Just...WOW!!!! I commended POTV last night on the show, for keeping their cool, and again must doff my cap to every single ape on this here forum! Obviously, I didn't have much time to get much of the facts before going into this head-on, last night. I thank each and every one of you guys who kept me updated and a great heated (but not too heated) debate was had.

I'm catching up now with everything, via this thread (UKV's thread made my IQ drop considerably I'm afraid...), and I think around 10-11 new pages were created with all of the discussion! :goodjob:

But, where am I going with all of this rambling??? Let's very briefly go back to the start...

All this bickering and debate is over a TABLE!!! Yep, a bloody table!!! From what I can see, the original statement was simply saying to us "EFVI-UK asked for a free table, we said no" and that was that. If I'm wrong, then I'll put my hands up and proudly admit that I'm wrong. Anyways, nowhere in the statement did they say that representatives of EFVI-UK COULDN'T be on site in any shape or form, possibly with t-shirts and iPads in hand if they really want to bring more awareness of this initiative.

Should VapeFest have even come out publicly with their statement? Probably not!
Have the vaping community* blown this completely out of proportion? ABSOLUTELY!!!

*However I still stand by my doffing of the cap to POTV for keeping relatively cool throughtout the debate! :)

Whilst, I appreciate that there are now perhaps backroom negotiations between both parties ongoing, I feel the damage has already been done.

You've got groups of folk who couldn't give a rat's arse if EFVI are there. And, of course, those who feel that they should get the chance to be there in some official capacity like they did with the French equivalent to VapeFest, VAPEXPO. The community has turned on itself, dividing itself into 2 camps.

1. We think EFVI-UK SHOULD get the table!
2. We think EFVI-UK SHOULD NOT get the table!

Whatever outcome, I feel there are going to be people that are going to be unhappy. Obviously there is also the chance Vapefest could just be cancelled altogether, but I remain optimistic that it stays on for the benefit of the vaping community. After all, it is OUR festival, our time to unwind, have a few beers together and just have a bloody good laugh!

I could go on and on, but I'll be here all night spouting shite that probably makes no sense, but make of my thoughts what you will. I try to remain impartial about this whole thing. Again, make your own minds up!

Before anyone asks, yes I do feel EFVI should be there in some capacity as it will benefit those attending who may never have been on a forum, watched VTTV, bought from a vendor who actively promotes EFVI (there are plenty out there but that's another rant for another time...) or used any social networks to find out more about vaping! Will them not getting a table stop me from trying my damned hardest to attend? Hell no, as VapeFest for me will be about being with people I'd be proud to consider my vaping family!!!**

**Apologies if I come across as a rambling buffoon, but I hope even one person can make sense of what I have to say...

And in response to KulrMeStoopid and the issues she's having with a certain individual, he obviously doesn't want any of us to go. I say to hell with that and we all turn up in our POTV shirt/hoody covered masses, regardless of any hollow threats made towards yourself or the forum!

I echo everyone's sentiments and say that you really are the glue that keeps this place together along with the rest of the admin/mod team!

I'd like to see one man try to move the entire brick wall that is Planet of the Vapes!

And in response to KulrMeStoopid and the issues she's having with a certain individual, he obviously doesn't want any of us to go. I say to hell with that and we all turn up in our POTV shirt/hoody covered masses, regardless of any hollow threats made towards yourself or the forum!

I echo everyone's sentiments and say that you really are the glue that keeps this place together along with the rest of the admin/mod team!

I'd like to see one man try to move the entire brick wall that is Planet of the Vapes!

Well said fella

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I really have to refrain from commenting. Really not fucking happy, I will NOT let the events of the past couple of hours drop.

After all, it is OUR festival

I'd like to agree with you, but unfortunately, the organisers have made it clear that it's THEIR festival and if anyone doesn't like the way they choose to organise it, then they should stay away.

Thank you so much for that :lovesign: this place never ceases to amaze me and I take my part in it being very small and down to mostly you guys, so I am always blown away when someone says such nice things. I still question "Are you really talking about me?" Pssh :P I love you guys!

It's very true we all love u and have the utmost respect for u x

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom