What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

Let us know what you think.
I'm waiting patiently (not) for the postman to arrive so it probably won't come till tomorrow now! I will put one in a favorite tank and see what I think. Postman has just delivered my coils as I was putting this on here so off I go!

Thanks for that. I thought nickel based coils were just for temp control..but if not, then i might try some Ni80 coils.

Edit: ah, i see it's the Ni200 wire that's used in TC mode.
Ni80 and SS are the finest kind of wire for mechs you should try both especially the SS on a build for your mech pipe it's great wire

Ni80 and SS are the finest kind of wire for mechs you should try both especially the SS on a build for your mech pipe it's great wire

okey doke then, just bought a tin each of Pilgrim coils to give a whirl in the True....& the othe half dozen RTAs i've yet to try too! :D

I've only used Kanthal so far, bar the SS stock coils in me Crown SE1 tank. Speaking of which, the Uwell stock coils are amazing..they just keep on going...for months!

Be interesting to see how the True compares with my Siren 2, also with a 1.0ohm build in it. The flavour reponse is fab in the Siren, despite ZT's comments! :D

Last edited:
I know nothing of Ni coils...but i assume one needs to fire these via temperature control? I only ask, cos my True has just arrived today, and i'm wondering what coil build to stick in it.

Just go with what you like best.

Just go with what you like best.

As a newbie recently entering into the world of rebuildables Disco, i'm still working out what exactly it is i do like! Hence i gotta try different coils out! Anyway..the Ni80 & S/S 1.0ohm Pilgrim coils now ordered from Stealthvape.

Tried to find out what Stealthvapes 'free delivery' purchase limits are, but couldn't see anything, hence paid £3.30 1st P&P.

Last edited:
As a newbie recently entering into the world of rebuildables Disco, i'm still working out what exactly it is i do like! Hence i gotta different coils out! Anyway..the Ni80 & S/S 1.0ohm Pilgrim coils now ordered from Stealthvape.

Tried to find out what Stealthvapes 'free delivery' purchase limits are, but couldn't see anything, hence paid £3.30 1st P&P.

Ive not been doing it too long myself in all honesty. But you'll soon get to know what works best for you. Its a bit of a dark art really. Don't think anyone knows truly what makes things work and what doesn't when it comes to wire and wick and getting to that sweet spot.

I know you've had a lot of shineys recently but it might be worth testing on just one or two tanks and fine tuning those and then carrying on the findings to the others. I find I can only really concentrate on one at a time otherwise my head explodes.

As a newbie recently entering into the world of rebuildables Disco, i'm still working out what exactly it is i do like! Hence i gotta different coils out! Anyway..the Ni80 & S/S 1.0ohm Pilgrim coils now ordered from Stealthvape.

If its helps .. I pretty much always use Ni80 - much prefer it over Kanthal .. and Ive not got on with SS yet .. but still experimenting

If its helps .. I pretty much always use Ni80 - much prefer it over Kanthal .. and Ive not got on with SS yet .. but still experimenting

Do you use it plain or in the Clapton variety?

Ive not been doing it too long myself in all honesty. But you'll soon get to know what works best for you. Its a bit of a dark art really. Don't think anyone knows truly what makes things work and what doesn't when it comes to wire and wick and getting to that sweet spot.

I know you've had a lot of shineys recently but it might be worth testing on just one or two tanks and fine tuning those and then carrying on the findings to the others. I find I can only really concentrate on one at a time otherwise my head explodes.

Aye that be true @Discomatt! Thing is...coils in RTAs seem to last a hellova lot longer than stock coils do..it all takes time dunnit?! The Siren 2 was the first one i got to work on....it's still using the very first and only coil i put in it so far! It's been rewicked a few times, but coil is still working brilliantly..flavour is still coming out strong.........so...while that one is doing the deeds..might as well rig up the others now! :D

Back
Top Bottom