What's new

Evolves new Replay function has converted me

yeah but how do I get the vape how I want it in the first place only using wattage adjustment? .... if the replay feature mimics what it was like in wattage? ... maybe that's the point but it's not going to be like vaping with TC is it? ... I guess what I'm getting at is when I vape TC I use a 0.5ish SS coil, I can't adjust those coils in power mode to vape how I want them to vape, they only work in TC for me. With something like a 0.15 ohm Ni200 coil I guess it would be even harder to get a vape I'd want to replay without being able to control the temperature limit, I'd have to turn the wattage right down and then it would have a really slow heat up and not be something I'd want to replay?

... do you see what I'm saying?
It has a boost feature for a quicker heat up. I haven't tried it yet though.

yeah but how do I get the vape how I want it in the first place only using wattage adjustment? .... if the replay feature mimics what it was like in wattage? ... maybe that's the point but it's not going to be like vaping with TC is it? ... I guess what I'm getting at is when I vape TC I use a 0.5ish SS coil, I can't adjust those coils in power mode to vape how I want them to vape, they only work in TC for me. With something like a 0.15 ohm Ni200 coil I guess it would be even harder to get a vape I'd want to replay without being able to control the temperature limit, I'd have to turn the wattage right down and then it would have a really slow heat up and not be something I'd want to replay?

... do you see what I'm saying?
The same way you get it using TC, by adjusting the power delivered - TC works by regulating the power until you achieve a stable temp, You CAN find a good vape with Power mode - after all you only need the ONE decent puff, Replay then repeats the parameters - presumably the power and temperature fluctuations of that particular vape are repeated - I haven't seen any traces or graphs of power output in replay mode yet.

I can tell you it seems to work well - I've been fighting a losing battle Witha Kayfun Prime running an 80% VG juice in TC mode, Tried it today in Replay, seems to be working really well - better than I was getting with the TC mode...

The same way you get it using TC, by adjusting the power delivered - TC works by regulating the power until you achieve a stable temp, You CAN find a good vape with Power mode - after all you only need the ONE decent puff, Replay then repeats the parameters - presumably the power and temperature fluctuations of that particular vape are repeated - I haven't seen any traces or graphs of power output in replay mode yet.

I can tell you it seems to work well - I've been fighting a losing battle Witha Kayfun Prime running an 80% VG juice in TC mode, Tried it today in Replay, seems to be working really well - better than I was getting with the TC mode...
Quick question about Replay. We do every toot differently, so how does that work?

Quick question about Replay. We do every toot differently, so how does that work?
Only you do :D.
You put the mod into record, take a draw & if it's a good one hit Replay, then regardless of how short/long subsequent draws are they should all match the one you saved. That's how I understand it to work, haven't got one yet but will do soon. Especially if @Tubbyengineer gives it the big thumbs up.

Magic pixie dust and fairy cum?...
TBH I'm not 100% sure but my guess would be that Replay looks at the way the coil reacts to the power input then applies a stabilised version of that to any other puffs using those recorded parameters. I'm assuming they use the information from the coils resistance plotted against power input and time to work out how much airflow, juice and wick affect the thermal properties of the coil. After all if you apply a particular power to a particular resistance you should be able to predict how fast it will warm up nay deviations from that can be recorded and reproduced...

You put the mod into record, take a draw & if it's a good one hit Replay, then regardless of how short/long subsequent draws are they should all match the one you saved. That's how I understand it to work, haven't got one yet but will do soon. Especially if @Tubbyengineer gives it the big thumbs up.
I'm still struggling a litlle with that Kayfun - But I've got a 0.31 Ohm coil in there made with 0.5mm SS316, which might be a bit heavy, plus I'm being careful on the wattage as It's an 80% VG juice - But it's certainly doing better than TC mode on a DNA75, and was a LOT easier to use...

Magic pixie dust and fairy cum?...
TBH I'm not 100% sure but my guess would be that Replay looks at the way the coil reacts to the power input then applies a stabilised version of that to any other puffs using those recorded parameters. I'm assuming they use the information from the coils resistance plotted against power input and time to work out how much airflow, juice and wick affect the thermal properties of the coil. After all if you apply a particular power to a particular resistance you should be able to predict how fast it will warm up nay deviations from that can be recorded and reproduced...
Aaaah so magic pixie dust then :D

Now available for the 75C - download SP15 and load the default theme. Working - on two 75cs .....

I've come back to this thread and read it twice now. As someone who could never be bothered with TC mode as it seemed designed to solve problems that I never had in the first place, and therefore just added layers of needless complication ....... FINALLY I'm intrigued. :)

I've come back to this thread and read it twice now. As someone who could never be bothered with TC mode as it seemed designed to solve problems that I never had in the first place, and therefore just added layers of needless complication ....... FINALLY I'm intrigued. :)
I was the same. I never had many problems with my Power vaping, except for always waiting for that dry hit at the end of a long puff, as the wicking failed to keep up.
I was hoping from the description that Replay would fix that potential dry hit, and it has.
I said at the start of this thread that Replay was the future, and i'm convinced that every chip manufacturer will try to copy this.

Back
Top Bottom