What's new

Faulty mod - no response from vendor

ajmm

Postman
Hi Apes,

I hope someone can help me with this.
I have a Joyetech Evic VTwo that is 5 months old and has completed died. I've tried charging, the reset button but nothing will make it turn on.
I've emailed the vendor several times detailing the problem but have been completely ignored. Am I right in assuming that the vendor is responsible for faulty items especially as it isn't that old or do I need to go through the hassle of

Any advice on next steps much appreciated.

the vendor should sort it, some are better than others at sorting issues though, which vendor was it ?

At what @mattyk2010 says. And. I can't really see a vendor giving anything like a warranty that covers 5 months of use on a bit of vape kit.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Have a read of that, and this which is specifically about faulty products.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-a-faulty-product-replaced-or-repaired

This key wording "If you discover the fault within the first six months from delivery, it's presumed to have been there from the time of delivery - unless the retailer can prove otherwise."

So you can argue that because the mod died within 6 months then it must have been fitted with a faulty board/faulty wiring or whatever and it was always going to fail on you. and the shop will have to prove otherwise....which unless it's clear that you damaged it they won't be able to.

If they won't do anything then you'll have to decide if you want to take it further or chuck it in the bin.

As simong said, if it fails within 6 months the retailer has a duty to put it right, under the consumer rights act, regardless of what the retailer states about offering or not offering warranties.

Best just to ask the vendor, some good ones will at least try to help you.

From the Joytech website - 2-3 months expected life span - looks like your out of warranty OP

-------------------

E-Cigarette Product Warranty & Safety Information
Warranty
16.1 All hardware comes with a 28 day parts warranty, unless stated otherwise in the individual product listings or manual, this does not cover any atomizer heads, wire or wicking material. We are not responsible for any damage through improper use or coil builds. It is the user’s responsibility to ensure they have significant knowledge of coil resistances. Mains chargers and USB leads have a 12-month warranty, which covers the component parts; this does not cover damaged wiring or improper use.

16.2 You should be aware that our electronic cigarette atomizers and batteries, although made to the highest quality, may fail or degrade over a period of time. An electronic cigarette atomizer's expected lifespan is around 7-14 days depending on usage and an electronic cigarette battery's expected lifespan is 2-3 months. This is not a guarantee that you will ‘like’ the Electronic Cigarette, simply that it will function as described within the specified timeframe.

16.3 All replacement atomizer heads are sold as a single use disposable items and are covered by our DOA (dead on arrival) warranty. This means, that from date of receipt the buyer has 48 hours to ensure the goods are in good working order and report any faults.

16.4 Any replacement parts are warranted from the date of delivery of the original order.

16.5 The warranty in clause 16.1 to 16.4 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:

(a) fair wear and tear;

(b) wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;

(c) failure by you to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;

(d) failure by you to carry normal maintenance of the Products including regular cleaning of components and connectors;

(e) any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or

(f) any specification provided by you.

16.6 This warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.

16.6 This warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described

Back
Top Bottom