What's new

Faulty mod - no response from vendor

Wow thanks for all the replies, a lot of information there but it seems that consumer law trumps any other issues. It would be nice to hear back from the vendor if only to say sorry its not covered. I'm going to try and get hold of them one last time before I post the name on here.

Amazed that Joyetech are claiming 3 months life on a mod, especially one with built in batteries! Time to look for a new brand of mod!

Thanks

Amazed that Joyetech are claiming 3 months life on a mod, especially one with built in batteries! Time to look for a new brand of mod!

Thanks

They can say what they like.. statutory rights cannot be affected. The only get out they have is for consumables with a limited life span such as coils and batteries. Faulty switches etc cannot be excluded.

Tell them the switch has failed and it's up to them to prove otherwise or replace it.

It's not just vape gear, you get this nonsense with TVs and white goods etc. Free warranty for a year and special insurance for up to five years (at a price of course) for 5 years etc.
All bollocks - if I buy a TV or a phone for say £500 I expect it to work without fault for at least two years, reasonable expectation!
Everything has to be of merchantable quality and last!

It's not just vape gear, you get this nonsense with TVs and white goods etc. Free warranty for a year and special insurance for up to five years (at a price of course) for 5 years etc.
All bollocks - if I buy a TV or a phone for say £500 I expect it to work without fault for at least two years, reasonable expectation!
Everything has to be of merchantable quality and last!

I had this with EE and a pair of Beats Headphones I bought in a phone bundle. After a month the headphone jack fell to pieces. They tried to fob me off with that it was a free gift in the bundle and therefore not sold and therefore not covered. So when I pointed out the phone on it's own was £60 cheaper, they back peddled. Next they told me they don't warrant accessories it is in their T&Cs, I pointed out their T&Cs are not above the law. In the end I sat in their store, refusing to leave repeating the relevant line from the Consumer Rights Act over and over. After about a hour of this they caved in and replaced the headphones as a 'one time good will gesture'. They knew the law, as did I and they realised that I wasn't going to back down. I had pointed out to them that if they didn't replace the headphones willingly then Trading Standards would force them to.

Companies but this type of rubbish in their T&Cs to try and fob off people that don't know their rights. The OP should put his grievance in writing and send it recorded delivery.

UK vendors have a duty, under the consumer rights act, to offer an immediate refund if a device fails within 30 days if the customer doesn't want a replacement (this is known as the "right to reject"), and to offer a replacement or repair (whichever is cheaper for them) if the device fails within 6 months (if they cannot repair or replace within 6 months they must offer a refund instead).

If a UK vendor chooses to sell an item that is only warrantied for 28 days or 90 days by the manufacturer, it is the vendor that is taking the risk, and they are not allowed, under the consumer rights act, to pass that risk onto the customer.

If a UK vendor puts anything in their terms and conditions that tries to absolve them of any reponsibility for failures or defects within 6 months, then their terms and conditions are in violation of the consumer rights act and they should be reported to trading standards.

Still no word from Fogfathers. Its hard to state my point when I can't even get a response.

The law is way better than any warranty. Warranties are just an arsehole's way of diverting your attention from what you're entitled to and making you think he's doing you a favour by promising you less than the law requires.

Back
Top Bottom