What's new

First mesh build.

RAPTOREX

Achiever
Having received my first Mesh RDA. I’ve dropped my first build in.
It’s Wotofo nexMESH Extream supposedly .16 ohms. But reading .13 on the 93Tab and Topgear.
The juice is Sweet Shack strawberry watermelon with 3mg nic and a ratio of 70-30 vg pg.
Thing is, to me, it seems to be needing much bigger Watts than I’d expect. I’m currently running it @75W and the flavour is still a tad muted.
it also. It feels like it’s just on the edge of a dry hit. Without ever quite giving one. And that’s despite the deck wick and mesh being well juiced.
I’m wondering if it’s slightly under wicked.
This is the build. After maybe 20ml of juice.
upload_2023-1-20_14-32-31.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s Wotofo nexMESH Extream supposedly .16 ohms. But reading .13 on the 93Tab and Topgear.
The juice is Sweet Shack strawberry watermelon with 3mg nic and a ratio of 70-30 vg pg.
Thing is, to me, it seems to be needing much bigger Watts than I’d expect. I’m currently running it @75W and the flavour is still a tad muted.
it also. It feels like it’s just on the edge of a dry hit. Without ever quite giving one. And that’s despite the deck wick being and mesh well juiced.
View attachment 306282

It could be the fact that mesh vaping tends to be cooler that is messing with your head. I'm so used to the warmth generated by bulkier complex coils that may initial reaction to mesh wasn't exactly positive. Now I like it just as much in the height of summer, but for at least 11 months of the year they sit on a shelf ignored. I had the same experience, because it was cooler than I'm used to I was cranking up the wattage to the point it was on the verge of dry hitting, but still wasn't QUITE warm enough for my preference.

Mesh does give good flavour, but it's colder than fish tits.

I pretty much only use mesh tanks and boros, and this is how I build and wick them (other than the Kylin M boro but that's irrelevant here):

To avoid dry hits you want a perfectly formed arch with no kinks or flat spots (Do you have a bending rod? If not let me know and I'll send you one). The cotton needs to be very snug under the strip and then thinned out at the ends.

I run them all around 40-50W with 1/4 - 1/2 airflow and flavour is much better than any "traditional" coil tank I've used.

FFIW all of mine use the narrower 16x6.8mm strips but that shouldn't make much difference.

I also only use mesh cotton laces (Vandy Vape M, Wotofo 6mm or Firebolt M usually), which I firmly believe makes a big difference.

it also. It feels like it’s just on the edge of a dry hit. Without ever quite giving one. And that’s despite the deck wick and mesh being well juiced.
View attachment 306282

first of all from your pic the mesh does not look like its quite sitting right , it looks like at a slight angle on the right hand side, so that will affect the reading of the coil & secondly the wicking looks like to much wicking hence the verging on dry hits i do mine simular to this using the wotofo 6mm laces
WTPkiGg.jpg

I'm more interested to hear about the fish tits....

I pretty much only use mesh tanks and boros, and this is how I build and wick them (other than the Kylin M boro but that's irrelevant here):

To avoid dry hits you want a perfectly formed arch with no kinks or flat spots (Do you have a bending rod? If not let me know and I'll send you one). The cotton needs to be very snug under the strip and then thinned out at the ends.

I run them all around 40-50W with 1/4 - 1/2 airflow and flavour is much better than any "traditional" coil tank I've used.

FFIW all of mine use the narrower 16x6.8mm strips but that shouldn't make much difference.

I also only use mesh cotton laces (Vandy Vape M, Wotofo 6mm or Firebolt M usually), which I firmly believe makes a big difference.

Thanks. I used the SMRT rod, but would be grateful to get the right one, thank you. I’ll drop you a pm and sort it.
That said the arch is constant and there’s no kinks that I can detect. It burnt in with a nice even glow, no dark or hot spots.

I did however use run of the mill cotton. So leave the Profile to one side till I can sort some OEM or Firebolt stuff.

I like a warm vape, so this is just another nail in the coffin of mesh for me.

I like a warm vape, so this is just another nail in the coffin of mesh for me.

Mesh isn't for me either, but I rapidly changed my mind when the thermometer hit 40C last summer when it suddenly made a lot of sense.. As soon as the mercury dropped I went back to not liking it much though.

Thanks. I used the SMRT rod, but would be grateful to get the right one, thank you. I’ll drop you a pm and sort it.
That said the arch is constant and there’s no kinks that I can detect. It burnt in with a nice even glow, no dark or hot spots.

I did however use run of the mill cotton. So leave the Profile to one side till I can sort some OEM or Firebolt stuff.

Yeah just drop me a PM with your address and I'll pod a rod in the post for you. I've probably got some spare Vandy Vape cotton that came with one of my Kylins I can chuck in too.

This is the stuff I usually buy:
https://www.legionofvapers.com/product/vapefly-firebolt-m-cotton
https://www.legionofvapers.com/product/wotofo-organic-cotton

Seems expensive for what it is but you can get two wicks from one lace if you pull it through to the end.

They also do the strips too if you want to stock up. Probably the best price you'll find in the UK.

https://www.legionofvapers.com/product/new-nexmesh-mesh-strips-by-wotofo-10pcs-uk

I highly recommend the Clapton (non-S) version, which will probably provide a bit or a warmer vape if that's what you're after. I've got one (S version) in my Unity right now and it's heaven :D

Back
Top Bottom