What's new

Review Five Liquids From Yaeliq.

JustDave

Honorary Moderator
This review is of a product purchased with my own credit card as I have already spent my vape budget for this month last month. The opinions expressed here represent my thoughts and not the thoughts of the mind control bug that was implanted when I became a member of POTV.

The Intro.

I first became aware of Yaeliq around the same time that I signed up here. Due to various reasons I never got around to ordering anything from there, but recently, bit the bullet and ordered some liquids.

The company is based in Israel and offers a massive range of juices, from tobacco falvours to desserts, and also some "Specials" which I believe are based on recipe suggestions from people who have bought juices in the past. All juices are made to order and arrive needing steeping.

All liquids are sold in 100ml bottles for $18. Shipping is $10, however if you spend $90*, shipping is free. (There is also the option of express shipping to some locations). Payment is via PayPal.

I placed my order on March 8th and received on March 17th, which I though was pretty good, considering the distance it had to travel.

This is not so much of a review, more of an initial impression, as these juices should improve given additional steeping time.

The Extra Blurb.

When you visit the Yaeliq website, you are offered a huge range of customisations for each juice, which in part, explains why you need to allow them a bit of time to fully develop, as they are hand mixed to order.

These are, Flavour Strength, 1 - 3. (1 being the default). Cooler, Sweet, Mint, Sour 0 - 3 (Zero being the default). You can also choose your own ration, 100% PG, 50/50 or 70/30 both ways.

There are various strengths available, from 0mg - 24mg in increments of 3, although I believe that if you contact them they can make custom levels in between their standards.

You can check them out here http://www.yaeliq.com/

The Juices and Equipment.

All Juices were 12mg and 50/50 ratio.

Equipment used was a Pisces-T, Fatty V3 @ 1 Ohm ish, with a fresh cotton wick for each juice.

All juices provided a throat hit as I would expect from a 12mg juice and produced impressive vapour levels for a 50/50 juice, although the Atty would have something to do with that as I was running the airhole wide open. However, I would expect the higher VG ratio juices to be great for cloud chasers.

Yellow Custard V2.

(Flavour Strength 2. No other options taken).

This is Yaeliq's nod to another very famous custard. I was warned in advance that it does take a good while to steep and come to it's best, but being impatient, I tried it anyway.

The flavours are there. A hint of vanilla and plenty of custard. It was however clear that this is going to need at least another week before it can truly be judged, but more likely two. What was impressive however, was that despite the juice being a bit fresh, it wasn't harsh or scratchy on the throat hit. Think this will be a very interesting custard once it has a chance to blend and mature for a while.

Green Caramel.

This is described as Green Apple and Caramel.

On the first inhale, there is crisp, sharp green apple. Almost like a Granny Smith. On the exhale you get a slight touch of caramel, but not too sweet. The flavours work really well together and I expect the caramel to come through more after steeping.

This juice is lovely now and I hope that when the caramel comes through a bit more, it will balance even better.

Lime and Berry.**

Self explanatory name and it does exactly what it says on the bottle.

Sharp, but not overpowering lime on the inhale and a bit more sweet berry taste on exhale. The berry is a little muted but it is very fresh and will hopefully come through a little more after steeping.

I could easily vape this now as it is a very fresh light vape. Will be great in the summer.

Absinthe.**

(Flavour Strength 3. No other options taken).

I went with the extra flavour in this one as I was looking for a good strong aniseed to put in my collection.

It is a good aniseed flavour, but not overpowering. If it matures then it will be great, but if not it would be fine for adding to other pre-mixed juices to change them up a little.

Sabre Blood.

The description on this juice doesn't really give any indication of what it is supposed to taste like and the reviews that I have found don't seem any more certain.

To me, there is certainly coconut involved, but strangely it seems to be less prominent after each inhale. There is also definitely a tiny hint of menthol. Not really enough to notice except for the slightly cool feel on the inhale. Other than that, there is fruit. Sometimes it tastes almost like orange, sometimes strawberry and sometimes something I can't quite put my finger on.

I could easily vape through all of this juice right now, but I know it is going to get better and I hope that it becomes easier to identify what it is as it matures.

The Conclusion.

I am really happy with what I have experienced so far. When I ordered I said that if I liked 2 of them, then I was happy with the price I paid. I am happy with 4 out of 5 right now and am holding judgement on the Custard.

Service was great and delivery times were good.

Will I try Yaeliq again? Very much so. At those prices it is worth getting the odd juice that is not to my taste.

* At the time of my order $90 was £55.52 via PayPal conversion.

** Known Tank Crackers

Update time.

Sabre Blood is very vapeable, but I am not 100% sure that I like it. I have gone through a fair amount trying to decide though :P

Lime and Berry is another I am not sure on. Tastes lovely, but seemed to leave me a little chesty. Could be unrelated, but it has been put to one side for now.

Custard and Absinth are still steeping.

Green Caramel is awesome. My current ADV. Fruity but not too sweet, with a caramel undertone. A genuinely amazing juice.

Back
Top Bottom