What's new

Flavour Ban?

You are over-simplifying again...

Let's say that flavours are restricted to tobacco and menthol, those that don't like those flavours (or can't find a flavour they like legally) will simply give up vaping, find a workaround, source black market, or go back to smoking.

Most, or a very large proportion, will go back to smoking...

And why should that potentially deadly choice be made for them by the government?

people who don’t like menthol or tobacco can puff liquid with no flavour. tobacco liquid, menthol liquid and liquid with no flavour all taste significantly more pleasant than burning fags. but folk can make their own choices, as i said.

people who don’t like menthol or tobacco can puff liquid with no flavour. tobacco liquid, menthol liquid and liquid with no flavour all taste significantly more pleasant than burning fags. but folk can make their own choices, as i said.
I think it may come down to that yes...
.. but why should they have to.. and that for many the choice will be to go back to (or stay) smoking...

@zouzounaki (two tags on one day, go me), the range of flavours I think is the most important factor, especially to new vapers. I think it’s vapings biggest attraction tbf. If someone loses the appeal of something then likelihood is they’ll sack it off I think

you might be right. i think it says a lot about the kind of people that society produces that they would continue to slowly kill themselves but the one thing that might make them stop doing it is the replacement being able to taste of custard biscuit or blooo razzz. it seems extremely irrational.

I think it may come down to that yes...
.. but why should they have to.. and that for many the choice will be to go back to (or stay) smoking...

many people have to do things that they shouldn’t have to in an ideal world. shit happens. politicians are thick and corrupt. ruthless business types will kick the arse out something rather than thinking of the long term, if they think ithat it’s in their own interest, and fuck the interest of anybody else. blame tories :)

i think it says a lot about the kind of people that society produces that they would continue to slowly kill themselves but the one thing that might make them stop doing it is the replacement being able to taste of custard biscuit or blooo razzz. it seems extremely irrational.
Not really.. but maybe...

Think of smoking as the default.. and if they don't like it, they revert back to it...

One of things I frequently say to smokers who come in looking to quit is -
"It's important that you enjoy it (vaping).. if you don't enjoy it, you will go back to the fags..."

And if they don't like the flavour, then they won't enjoy it (of course)...

Not really.. but maybe...

Think of smoking as the default.. and if they don't like it, they revert back to it...

One of things I frequently say to smokers who come in looking to quit is -
"It's important that you enjoy it (vaping).. if you don't enjoy it, you will go back to the fags..."

i think you might have it the wrong way round. would it not be more likely that they won’t enjoy it if they dislike the flavour?

flavour isn’t the primary reason people breath in fag smoke. in fact, burning fags taste awful.

i think you might have it the wrong way round. would it not be more likely that they won’t enjoy it if they dislike the flavour?
Isn't that what I said? (in respect to vaping)
flavour isn’t the primary reason people breath in fag smoke. in fact, burning fags taste awful.
Yes indeed (or so I've heard, I haven't had a fag since 2008).

But that's why I said, think of smoking as the default choice for nicotine intake (for a number of reasons that I won't bother elaborate here, but one of them may simply be association).
So if they don't like vaping, then they tend to go back to fags (even if they taste awful).
There can be a number of reasons they don't get on with vaping, but if they don't like the taste, then that's a bad start...

For some (many) people, any excuse to go back to the fags (fuck knows why).. and now it looks like the government will be giving them more reasons...

Isn't that what I said? (in respect to vaping)

Yes indeed (or so I've heard, I haven't had a fag since 2008).

But that's why I said, think of smoking as the default choice for nicotine intake (for a number of reasons that I won't bother elaborate here, but one of them may simply be association).
So if they don't like vaping, then they tend to go back to fags (even if they taste awful).
There can be a number of reasons they don't get on with vaping, but if they don't like the taste, then that's a bad start...

For some (many) people, any excuse to go back to the fags (fuck knows why).. and now it looks like the government will be giving them more reasons...

aye, but then the obvious starting point should be liquid with no flavour. it’s more likely to be tolerable to more people, surely? there’s nothing really offensive about it, it’s like flavourless smoke with a throat hit.

aye, but then the obvious starting point should be liquid with no flavour. it’s more likely to be tolerable to more people, surely? there’s nothing really offensive about it, it’s like flavourless smoke with a throat hit.
Yes, but it wouldn't be a great selling point going (for example) -
"What flavour would you like - Tobacco, menthol, or flavourless?
Sorry, the regs say we can't sell other flavours anymore..."

One of the great things about vaping (as we all know) is that the potential for type of flavour to use is pretty much infinite...
.. the government want to restrict that...

Yes, but it wouldn't be a great selling point going (for example) -
"What flavour would you like - Tobacco, menthol, or flavourless?
Sorry, the regs say we can't sell other flavours anymore..."

One of the great things about vaping (as we all know) is that the potential for type of flavour to use is pretty much infinite...
.. the government want to restrict that...

i think you are missing my point, though.

Back
Top Bottom