What's new

Flavour Ban?

I wake up to this situation every day worrying, the market was steady but now it has crashed sales are through the floor, and there is so much bad press it's just incredible anyone would have thought we are peddling new crack cocaine tempting the kids and the constant "we do not know the long term" vaping is the most studied thing on the planet and every single paper is looking for the link with cigarettes as "it will kill you long term."

if I look at this business-wise it will wipe out lots of competition and for me as a maker of an item that is not going to be banned just yet, I'm fine.

but I still wake up every day worried and over the last two weeks I've been waking up at night in a cold sweat I'm very stressed and very tired when i did my states the other day bpm was 10 beats up and my blood pressure was also up .

Much of TPD was circumnavigated, I would expect the same with some of any proposed bans.

I fear much of of it will come down to downright law-breaking...

Agree Toby.

But when the laws are made by someone as deluded as this shower, then happy days. I’ve no issues in breaking them.
They’ve missed a trick. Had they said ‘Listen you lot. We have to get some money back in the coffers from all the fags you’re not buying so vat on vape products will be 25%’ Nobody would have given a shit, we’d have moaned a bit but we’d have just paid it ultimately.
Now they’ve gone for the jugular and down this route. Pissing everyone off and pushing them towards routes that would not be so lucrative for them.
These are supposedly educated people.

And there's the irony of it all...

A facile description of an issue that anything more than slight flavour restrictions that would affect millions of people's lives...
.. and most non-vapers (and some vapers) would even think - "So what if you can't get X,Y & Z flavours anymore?"

i don’t agree with restricting flavours. however, people are responsible for their own actions and their own health. that someone wouldn’t be able to stop smoking because they can’t get eliquid in an outlandish flavour strikes me as similar to the people who appear on here now and again saying that if they can’t get better flavour from a vape they will go back to fags. that’s a choice people can make.

i don’t agree with restricting flavours. however, people are responsible for their own actions and their own health. that someone wouldn’t be able to stop smoking because they can’t get eliquid in an outlandish flavour strikes me as similar to the people who appear on here now and again saying that if they can’t get better flavour from a vape they will go back to fags. that’s a choice people can make.
You are over-simplifying again...

Let's say that flavours are restricted to tobacco and menthol, those that don't like those flavours (or can't find a flavour they like legally) will simply give up vaping, find a workaround, source black market, or go back to smoking.

Most, or a very large proportion, will go back to smoking...

And why should that potentially deadly choice be made for them by the government?

Back
Top Bottom