What's new

Goddam steam eengine

thickermonkey

Initiate
Hey guys, really struggling with the above! I'm using .6 kanthal and need a 3mm id just canny work out the amount of wraps needed for a 0.1 ohm build!! Any help would be appreciated
TM

Edit: duel coil build

Hey guys, really struggling with the above! I'm using .6 kanthal and need a 3mm id just canny work out the amount of wraps needed for a 0.1 ohm build!! Any help would be appreciated
TM

You need 2 coils of 3 wraps each.

You didn't know that and you are building at 0.1Ω?
I am a little worried here.

Worried - I'm bloody terrified, Steam engine does all the work - if you keep increasing the number of wraps it shouldnt take a rocket scientist to see that the resulting ohms keeps rising, with the result that anyone should be able to work out that less wraps = less ohms...:whiteflag:

TM

Not to sound unpleasant or anything but are you sure you're ready to be building 0.1 Ohm builds? I'd say before you build at that low a resistance you need to be fully aware of Ohms law, how the resistance of coils is acheived, battery safety and what to do if things go tits up...

I couldn't believe when I read this.. Seriously. You can put yourself in some nasty situations. If you didn't know how to work out how to build a .1ohm build, then you probably won't know the safety precautions either. Sounds a bit blunt, but if it safes you from building a .1 ohm build, then I'm happy.

Find out what you're getting into, not just the basics when going that low either. Get a full understanding on the batteries you're using, or at least tell us what you're using, and we can come back with some information for you.

I'm an idiot and need to think how I write stuff before posting!!

Thanks for your reply guys, I clearly had not worded my question or my original reply correctly and having re-read them, I deserve the telling off I've received! :police:
My issue with steam engine was I was trying to use it on my iPhone and it just wouldn't let me do what I wanted! Any of you guys have an apple you'll surly understand! :banghead:

skinku - I did know that, it was a 'I haven't slept after a night shift' brain fart comment. I'm sure you've had one of those moments? Just a good thing I'm not the operator of heavy machinery!

Tubbyengineer - As above, reading back both my question and reply; I'd be hiding behind my flame proof sofa! My brain clearly wasn't performing properly, like I said iPhone wouldn't select the values I wanted to change. Essentially what I was actually asking was for some one to use SE on my behalf. Also I didn't think for a second you were being un-pleasant but I am ready to be Vaping there, I have a good working knowledge of Mr Ohm's and his law :) as well as battery safety (if it hisses, chuck it and duck. Right?)

hazard93 - Forgive my ill written question and original reply, I have built and vaped that low previously (well .2 Ohms) as I've already said; it was a 'I haven't slept after a night shift' brain fart! Reply, I clearly know that less wraps = less ohms. I fully understand the limits of the batteries I'm using as well as my mod (can go as low as .05ohms) annnnnnnd if you're still reading and are interested, I'm using brand new, freshly charged purple efest's in a snow wolf 200w and my atties of choice are atty3 and velocity RDA

Once again sorry and thanks for having my back when it looked as tho I was a clueless future statistic

TM
:imwstupid

Good stuff thickermonkey
I just needed to voice gentle concern
I permanently feel like I have come off a night shift, my brain is like mushed shite.

Good stuff thickermonkey
I just needed to voice gentle concern
I permanently feel like I have come off a night shift, my brain is like mushed shite.

Hahaha mushed shite is about right! It's one of those "I finish at 0700 on a rest day, I'm sure as hell not sleeping through my day off"

It's actually quite nice to see a number of people voice concern and not just let someone melt their faces off!!

Back
Top Bottom