What's new

Got fat?

Awesome write up pal, good on you!! :2thumbsup:

Summer 2019 I decided that a rack and barbell in the garage would let me do the exercise I enjoyed on my own rota. I kitted out the garage with rubber flooring, a bargain second hand rack and a lovely set of bumper plates. I quit CrossFit and spent 4-days a week in the new dungeon. Hot or cold, hoodie or underpants, I look forward to the little bits of me time in the garage. There's never an excuse good enough that I can't get myself an appointment at Tom's gym.

I'd love a home gym, just never gotten around to it. All I'd need really would be a wrack, bench, barbell & plates. It's the plates though that cost an absolute fortune

I was cleansing my system...
download.jpeg-22.jpg

Decided to try and get fit lose a bit of weight if I could..I’ve been walking short distances most days yet not done any serious fitness for years but I needed something to help with cardio etc..being I have disabilities there was only limited stuff I can do..so low impact non weight bearing sort of stuff..
I Started using a spinner type bike but it destroyed me just hurt my knees and ankles to much and especially my bottom and was making me not want to use the bike and workout..
So I changed tack and got myself a Nordic track recumbent bike and it’s bloody brilliant
I’m doing cadres using the iFit app as it came with a year’s membership..I’m doing one day training and next day off currently following the trainer on the bike..brilliant thing is the bikes all electronic and connects to app and automatically adjusts the resistance etc to the trainers instructions doing 12 week course and each rides different from hill climbs to endurance..it’s great the bike does everything for you..you can even plot your own route using inbuilt google maps and the bike adjusts itself to the topography of the route you have plotted and gives you a street view changing as you cycle the route..
Best bit of kit I’ve brought..it’s working me hard on the beginner cadres but I’m bloody loving it..I get a great feeling when done and a great sense of achievement..

69DA3A69-3681-4113-9043-73675CEC7100.jpeg

F8EA0EA0-18EC-4967-B143-7DBF284D77D6.jpeg

Awesome write up pal, good on you!! :2thumbsup:

I'd love a home gym, just never gotten around to it. All I'd need really would be a wrack, bench, barbell & plates. It's the plates though that cost an absolute fortune
The weights are expensive. I waited until Black Friday for those and got a great discount on a full set.

Getting fatter, down to one pair of trousers that fit, last time I looked at buying 44inch waist trousers (2010) I went on a diet and worked out like a mutant, lost a stone in a month, 2 stone in 10 weeks, 4.5 stone in 6 months and kept it off until my back went. Cant see this happening again, without much of a lumbar spine, but need to do something, diet only weight loss is laborious :17:

Getting fatter, down to one pair of trousers that fit, last time I looked at buying 44inch waist trousers (2010) I went on a diet and worked out like a mutant, lost a stone in a month, 2 stone in 10 weeks, 4.5 stone in 6 months and kept it off until my back went. Cant see this happening again, without much of a lumbar spine, but need to do something, diet only weight loss is laborious :17:
Swimming pool?

Swimming pool?

Well, I can do some backstroke, went in the sea the other day :) I hate the company that runs our local pool, but that is another story. I miss the yoga, extended swimming, I can still do other things. I've always walked a lot, I admit to being lazy, since the pandemic started, the rot has set in :doh:More simply, I just need to reduce my beer intake, I don't really eat that much and often fast 18 hours in every 24. I will get motivated and get on a mission, I always have before, at least.

Well, I can do some backstroke, went in the sea the other day :) I hate the company that runs our local pool, but that is another story. I miss the yoga, extended swimming, I can still do other things. I've always walked a lot, I admit to being lazy, since the pandemic started, the rot has set in :doh:More simply, I just need to reduce my beer intake, I don't really eat that much and often fast 18 hours in every 24. I will get motivated and get on a mission, I always have before, at least.
Sounds like you have some challenges to overcome!
Maybe set some short term goals you know you can hit and build on it? This week, 2 half an hour walks. Next week 3.
Just have to find something to work toward that works for you. And always way easier said than done I know! Just vegging out is always so damn attractive xD

It's not exactly a good week to start to try and be more active either, then it's supposed to chuck down all next week

I slipped into the habit of a few cheeky beers on an evening this time last year, it's an easy habit because they taste so good. I just started buying 2 litre bottles of Pepsi Max so I could have something else that was cold and fizzy to drink on an evening instead. If I fancy a beer and don't lynch me :18: I get some 0% alcohol beers in

Back
Top Bottom